All-Star The Cheerleader Test On Non Competition Weekends...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What's a non cheer weekend?!?! LOL. We still have Sunday practice but my cp uses the time to finally see non cheer friends or even just veg out.

Hahahaha so true! I'd love to say it stops if you cheer in college--It doesn't I've had practice 6 days a week for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Usually it's a little less and we don't always practice on weekends, but that's because there are normally games! :)

On another note....they need a social life and experience things "outside" of the cheerworld, regardless of age. Clearly I am not a parent and can't tell any of you how to control your cp's weekends, but I know personally in HS I was known as the "CHEERLEADER"-license plate even says ICHEEER haha legitimately...because I eat. sleep. cheer. repeat. (and school to learn), but I definitely did miss out on quite a few things and having a strong group of girlfriends in high school..I just never had time for that kind of stuff and my reason was the infamous-"I can't, I have cheer" Looking back, I definitely wish I took those free nights/weekends I did have every now and then and spent them with friends/family etc. Life's too short! :cool:

I honestly can't think of the last weekend I had without practice OR a competition or camp of some sort. And if it was for a holiday....positive I was on fierceboard and youtube 2 out of the 3 weekend days lol even when my body is exhausted, I still have enough energy to cheersearch lol

I know I'm not a parent, but this nothing-but-cheer-oriented lifestyle seems almost unhealthy. Kids should know a life beyond the gym. That doesn't mean they need to be out partying or getting into trouble, but they should know of SOMETHING else to do besides be in the gym. I'm sure it's not quite so severe, but a lot of these posts are reading like people have nothing to do but cheer....

Again, I have no clue how to raise a kid, but I think it's important that kids be involved in social activities, volunteer activities, SOMETHING beyond the big blue mat. I understand cheer is HUGE to a lot of families, but I don't think it should be the only thing kids are involved in.

Don't get me wrong fierce, we do plenty of other things. I was just pointing out that despite doing other stuff, the kids hearts are so into being part of their team that they want to be at the gym, even when they don't have to be. I totally agree that life shouldn't only be about one thing... and believe me, we do plenty of other things during the off season. But during the season, they just get so dialed in.

Truth is, cheerleading isn't a sport... it's a lifestyle!! ;-)

Back