All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone heard that ECE Y5 competed against nobody in their division? I wonder why any other Y5 team didn't make it to the Summit.(I could be wrong though, maybe the others went to D2, but that is highly unlikely, as WC and CEA's Y5 teams are apart of the D1 gym)
Update: I just went onto the varsity D2 summirmt page, and no Y5 team is there.

There were 3 teams thats got bids
Cea was awarded a wc
Maryland twisters super 5 an at large... They declined the bids very late

If you don't mind my asking, would she have been eligible to compete on both teams had they gone to summit?

Yes. She was on Junior Restricted 5 Lady Lillies for Summit.

In all, after a lot of reflection, I don't know that I would do it again. It was a lot of stress on the team moms to coordinate transportation and crossovers. I'm wiped out. But she did earn 2 The One rings, so she is happy!

One of the senior one teams that placed very well (read, top three just so I'm not totally giving it away) has multiple level five athletes on the team but the gym only fields senior one... they had senior five and a couple other senior teams for two seasons maybe? Then just nixed them all and went level 1.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
That just makes no sense to me:confused:

Has anyone heard that ECE Y5 competed against nobody in their division? I wonder why any other Y5 team didn't make it to the Summit.(I could be wrong though, maybe the others went to D2, but that is highly unlikely, as WC and CEA's Y5 teams are apart of the D1 gym)
Update: I just went onto the varsity D2 summirmt page, and no Y5 team is there.

Coming late to this but.... CEA y5 had a wildcard bid. Because of crossovers to J5 and S4, it was decided that those 2 teams would be the Summit teams. There were 6 athletes on Y5 that crossed to those 2 teams. Since The One was also in Orlando, and CEA was taking their Y3 (the ever popular Glitter Penguins), it was decided that Y5 would go there as well. Because Summit put out their schedule in a timely manner, The One was willing to work with us on times. And truthfully, it worked out without needing too much assistance. Other CEA gyms had previously attended The One, so this comp wasn't new to CEA- just to K'ville and Charlotte.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. It was definitely an experience!

At Disney? I thought adults could not wear costumes in the park:confused:

No. At the D2 Summit in Tampa. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Also, I'm not sure where the news got this information, but so bizarre. [emoji23] Like, maybe a bit of an exaggeration...another Washington team has won Worlds...but none have won Summit. I don't know if we have a confused parent who works for the news or if a confused parent contacted them or what the heck happened here. [emoji23] Sumner cheer team wins state's first-ever world championship title | KOMO [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Fourth Summit down. CP's team got 2nd this year in small J5R. I enjoyed the Summit again this year. I truly enjoy this competition. There were only four teams this year in CP's division but four very strong teams. While waiting for small J5R to compete on Saturday in Jostens I watched some jaw dropping J1 teams. They were ridiculously good. CP and I also made it over to the Field House to watch Large SC4, truly awesome division. Hope she earns a bid and attends next year, too.

While I was at the starbucks in the hilton by the convention center on Saturday, I saw two moms with bows...

I spent some time in that line with basically every Seeattleite in Tampa. Goodness we love our coffee. I'm glad I missed the mom bows and hope they weren't worn by my people. [emoji23]

Reminder if you kept your Flocheer account for the Summit you'll need to cancel it if you don't want the monthly charge. Just remembered to do that today.
Some of you might also want to change credit card numbers LOL.

Back