OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I mean this song is cute or whatever for the elementary school sect....and I don't think it matters that Jojo is playing young to appeal to them....(or because ma won't let her grow up)....because I mean this is what everyone on the Disney Channel does anyway.

But I mean....1. Jojo can't sing,
So this shouldn't even be a thing.

2. Her speech impediment could have been fixed, should have been fixed and will truly be a disservice to her as she becomes an adult.

2. Her white back up dancer friend was tragically off most
Of them time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean this song is cute or whatever for the elementary school sect....and I don't think it matters that Jojo is playing young to appeal to them....(or because ma won't let her grow up)....because I mean this is what everyone on the Disney Channel does anyway.

But I mean....1. Jojo can't sing,
So this shouldn't even be a thing.

2. Her speech impediment could have been fixed, should have been fixed and will truly be a disservice to her as she becomes an adult.

2. Her white back up dancer friend was tragically off most
Of them time.

She still can fix her speech but it's going to take a lot of hard work. The "r" sound truly doesn't come in until age 8 (although most kids have it way before that) and is one of the most stubborn sounds to fix.

She still can fix her speech but it's going to take a lot of hard work. The "r" sound truly doesn't come in until age 8 (although most kids have it way before that) and is one of the most stubborn sounds to fix.

So she should have had it 5 years old? Jojo is 13.

Trust me, I know (daughter of a Speech-Pathologist and I was in speech...3rd grade; age 7 for the R sound....I didn't really need it though I just wanted to spend time with my mom)

But anyway. Her r sound won't be fixed prior to turning 18 because along the way someone told her it was cute (looking at you Jess. ) so it'll be up adult Jojo to fix it.

Just explaining it was a later developing sound. All hope not lost. Is she really 13? Yikes.

Yeah, she just returned 13 a few days ago so I guess really it should have been 4 years ago. I remember being in speech for R/W and it took quite a few years before I fixed it. I can't imagine the struggle she is gonna face trying to fix that down the road.

I wonder if any of the many industry people that ALM "knows" ever brings up Jojo's speech problem and tells them that it won't allow for a long term successful career? (Since they're all being groomed for stardom)

I can't think of a single adult in entertainment that straight up can't pronounce the R sound....and isn't an English as a second Language speaker.

I dk maybe she wants to become a comedienne. I can see it working in that field.

I wonder if any of the many industry people that ALM "knows" ever brings up Jojo's speech problem and tells them that it won't allow for a long term successful career? (Since they're all being groomed for stardom)

I can't think of a single adult in entertainment that straight up can't pronounce the R sound....and isn't an English as a second Language speaker.

I dk maybe she wants to become a comedienne. I can see it working in that field.

I'd imagine that's possible; Abby has brought it up herself and was met with nothing but resistance from Jess. Since Jojo seems intent on aging down, I wonder if Jess sees it as being more relatable?

Back