OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I was just so happy for Nia becaause as far as i am aware that was her first 1st overall. It was amazing and so glad she had a chance to shine her technique looks alot better now than it used to

Yes, her technique looked so good in the solo this week. I think Nia has a niche for powerful looking dances. She's not a super graceful dancer but boy is she great when given the right choreography. Most of Nia's solos/dances where she is the lead are some of my all time favorites. The slavery one they did in GA, the rosa parks one, the Indian one, and now this Goodbye Maya one. She's so great at telling powerful stories. She has such a quiet but strong presence on stage. But most of the time the group dances are all lyrical or contemporary where she needs to be graceful which I don't think is Nia's strongest asset. I was so happy for her this week!!

To the person talking about Raising Asia - I watched the first episode and decided that that was enough Asia I needed in my life.

It seems 'Raising Asia' thread got blended into the Dance Moms thread, but I was wondering had anyone watched this show and what are the thoughts you have on it?

I for one, thought that this Asia girl needs to bring it down a couple 1000 notches and the last show, really saw how the production crew realized Asia could not carry a whole show by herself and was trying to do a 'Milli Vanilli' on the crowd...
But I am going to stop there and wait for responses from the Fierce Boarders...
I'm still not over "Asia, what is the problem? Why are you having so much trouble with math?" "Well first of all, you're TALKING."

Yes, her technique looked so good in the solo this week. I think Nia has a niche for powerful looking dances. She's not a super graceful dancer but boy is she great when given the right choreography. Most of Nia's solos/dances where she is the lead are some of my all time favorites. The slavery one they did in GA, the rosa parks one, the Indian one, and now this Goodbye Maya one. She's so great at telling powerful stories. She has such a quiet but strong presence on stage. But most of the time the group dances are all lyrical or contemporary where she needs to be graceful which I don't think is Nia's strongest asset. I was so happy for her this week!!

To the person talking about Raising Asia - I watched the first episode and decided that that was enough Asia I needed in my life.

Apart from the dances where she is a lead she excels in dark numbers I loved her in witches of east canton and angels and demons. She is getting to be one versatile dancer

Does anyone remember in season 1 when Holly would get upset when Noa got "racial" roles? Now it seems like she doesn't even care...

She doesn't care cause this one was tastefully done and successful. The Rosa Parks dance from a while back was another example of a tasteful and successful dance where Nia was cast in the lead because of her race.

I just watched the new Dance Moms episode and was happy for Holly and Nia... As much as Abby yells and screams at the group, it is so obvious that she has so much respect for Holly and I believe in a lot of ways may be intimidated by Holly's strength. I really appreciate having Holly's presence on the program because in all her encounters with Abby, her approach is more profound than the other mothers. The other Moms depend on calling Abby demeaning names, cursing and etc... But Holly shows Abby her unfairness by using concrete evidence and not just whining and screaming about Maddie this or Maddie that... Abby already knows she is unfair, but to see it that blatantly in her face like that she had to come to terms to it. Hence, the reason the change in her attitude with the pyramid... The pyramid had all the girls on the same level with Maddie in the center, so no one was elevated over anybody else...big change! Abby showed a lot of happiness towards Nia this week, even after having a disagreement with Holly, which is a big change and growth for Abby... Kudos Holly!

Btw, Nia was fabulous in her dance and having those 2 choreographers come in and work with her really elevated her performance level... When I was watching Nia and how she was dressed and her dance movements, it reminded me so much of Alvin Ailey Dance Troupe out of New York. Maybe Holly should considered taking her to this dance group that can work with Nia's body type and movements that favor her...

Last edited:
wow!
10626590_10152633665710081_7429131109932161950_n.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/...0_10152633665710081_7429131109932161950_n.jpg

Looks like it is half of the Abby that we once knew! I can;t believe that she lost so much.

I want to believe that she's not actually as skinny (I hate that word..) as I think she is and that it is more of the angle of the camera. But I have noticed a difference in her weight lately. Good for her though, that's great.

Latest posts

Back