OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
and what an awkward conversation that was the girls were having in the dressing room
That JoJo Girl definitly has some confidence

In all seriousness I wonder if they (her parents) do anything about Jojo's speech impediment? Like do they think it's cute and just continue to let her speak that way...which I could see jappe in since home girl is 11 and they still call her "Jojo with the bow bow" like she's 5

Anyway she needs speech therapy. I almost called my mom to have her listen to it (she's a speech pathologist)

In all seriousness I wonder if they (her parents) do anything about Jojo's speech impediment? Like do they think it's cute and just continue to let her speak that way...which I could see jappe in since home girl is 11 and they still call her "Jojo with the bow bow" like she's 5

Anyway she needs speech therapy. I almost called my mom to have her listen to it (she's a speech pathologist)
This felt awkward to me. They're getting asked about relationships and everything (watch the other clips)... it's like Lifetime is trying to do a kiddie version of E News. Like why is Kendall wearing patent leather tights? They all look cute, don't get me wrong, but it feels like too much.

I'm dying of laughter. Poor Jojo probably got catfished LMAO.

Last edited:

Yes - I thought she was MacKenzie's age and still immature for that I was completely shocked to find out she was Maddie's age.

Yes - I thought she was MacKenzie's age and still immature for that I was completely shocked to find out she was Maddie's age.

Yes! I was so concerned by it that I looked at the Dance Moms wiki to see her birthday. I thought maybe she was young and just tall for her age....and although I never watched The dance ultimate whatever I saw like 5 mins of an episode with her and I thought she was like a tall 8 yr old

And MacKenzie is 10...it's time to take the two pig tails out of her hair for dance too. It's weird because at 10 MAddie wasn't paraded around like a 6 yr old. I get that MacKenzie is short for her age...but that dance last night bordered on bizarre

And MacKenzie is 10...it's time to take the two pig tails out of her hair for dance too. It's weird because at 10 MAddie wasn't paraded around like a 6 yr old. I get that MacKenzie is short for her age...but that dance last night bordered on bizarre[/QUOTE]
i agree she's to old fir these cutest dances with the tutus

The "r" sound is a very hard one to correct. Not that it can't be done, it is just more difficult. It is one of the later developing sounds (I think it can long as age 8 to produce correctly in some cases where it does develop correctly; think of how many kids substitute a "w" for "r" when they are younger) and because you don't get visual or kinesthetic cues about tongue placement when making it, you need a really good therapist to address it. I personally hated all forms of articulation therapy and hold those who love it in very high regard.

The "r" sound is a very hard one to correct. Not that it can't be done, it is just more difficult. It is one of the later developing sounds (I think it can long as age 8 to produce correctly in some cases where it does develop correctly; think of how many kids substitute a "w" for "r" when they are younger) and because you don't get visual or kinesthetic cues about tongue placement when making it, you need a really good therapist to address it. I personally hated all forms of articulation therapy and hold those who love it in very high regard.

My "r" sound was corrected in 3rd grade. I noticed the problem and went to my mom about it. My mom being a speech pathologist clearly noticed it but was going to wait until I out grew it, because the problem wasn't bad....however it was bad enough to annoy me personally and whenever I did it I would keep saying the word over and over again

Anyway. I made her have me tested and I essentially put myself in speech. My mom was one of the speech therapists at my elementary school...but I wasn't in her class.

I was a very type A person about speech

After my "r" sound was corrected, I questioned why I wasn't in the advanced class called "ALERT"...I'd come from private school and wasn't tested for it in 2nd grade. Anyway long story I made my mom make sure the resource teacher tested me and off to "ALERT" I went

I wish all that initiative hadn't worn off as I aged

Anyway. I hope someone is working with JOjo....if not I feel like it's almost deliberate because they think it's cute like the bow bow

Yes! I was so concerned by it that I looked at the Dance Moms wiki to see her birthday. I thought maybe she was young and just tall for her age....and although I never watched The dance ultimate whatever I saw like 5 mins of an episode with her and I thought she was like a tall 8 yr old

And MacKenzie is 10...it's time to take the two pig tails out of her hair for dance too. It's weird because at 10 MAddie wasn't paraded around like a 6 yr old. I get that MacKenzie is short for her age...but that dance last night bordered on bizarre
I don't think MacKenzie is the same level of dance as Maddie (or else they would have given her her sister's solo) - I means she isn't bad she holds her own in the group dances. They are so busy branding her as the cute little sister to Maddie. It is funny because Abby always tells the girls to quit being a puppet to their moms but that is exactly what Maddie and MacKenzie's mom lets Abby do. This show is perfect for a course on psychology or social work on family dynamics and boundaries - some seriously enmeshed borders.

I don't think MacKenzie is the same level of dance as Maddie (or else they would have given her her sister's solo) - I means she isn't bad she holds her own in the group dances. They are so busy branding her as the cute little sister to Maddie. It is funny because Abby always tells the girls to quit being a puppet to their moms but that is exactly what Maddie and MacKenzie's mom lets Abby do. This show is perfect for a course on psychology or social work on family dynamics and boundaries - some seriously enmeshed borders.

I actually think Mack -z could have held her own with that solo... Remember how she held her own with that overrated "Cry" solo

She's not as good as Maddie as a dancer...but she's also not so delayed as to where she should still be wearing pigtails and bopping her butt around. I'm curious as to why Abby won't give her an age appropriate solo that suits her strengths...because you're right about her being marketed as Maddie's cute little sister. Makes me wonder why they're hindering her so much

And you're exactly right about both Zeigler girls being puppets

maddie looked exhausted and upset in this episode

She did mention missing her mom. Sometimes we forget that these kids are just shy of Youth L5 age, and there she is rehearsing with adults, without her mom, and she's 3000 miles away from her.

On another note, about them losing; I think they lost because of the choreography and the costumes, not the kids, Abby. You could barely see their bodies or movement, their facial expressions (on some), their leg extension, etc. Oh Abby, when Maddie came in 2nd it was OK. But, let it be Nia and company... Smh.

I actually think Mack -z could have held her own with that solo... Remember how she held her own with that overrated "Cry" solo

She's not as good as Maddie as a dancer...but she's also not so delayed as to where she should still be wearing pigtails and bopping her butt around. I'm curious as to why Abby won't give her an age appropriate solo that suits her strengths...because you're right about her being marketed as Maddie's cute little sister. Makes me wonder why they're hindering her so much

And you're exactly right about both Zeigler girls being puppets

My guess is that in Hollywood older kids who can get away with playing younger parts are often sought after. So maybe they "market" Kenzie in younger roles for that reason?? Just a thought.

My guess is that in Hollywood older kids who can get away with playing younger parts are often sought after. So maybe they "market" Kenzie in younger roles for that reason?? Just a thought.

Which would make sense for Abby's Hollywood plans for them and the auditions for the acting jobs....even perhaps for her "singing" career

But for a run of the mill (albeit Lifetime created) dance competition in New Jersey....I think she could have sufficed without the pigtails, hearts and butt shaking. Or just admit that the plans for her are to not be a genuinely competitive, competitive dancer. All of those girls were on the show at 10 and I don't really recall (with the exception Kendall) all of this babying of routine. Poor kid is nearly 11 and is the Gary Coleman of the dance world

So I talked with my friend. I am not sure if Abby was there or if it was Patty Ann -lol! They were filming for Cheer

Which would make sense for Abby's Hollywood plans for them and the auditions for the acting jobs....even perhaps for her "singing" career

But for a run of the mill (albeit Lifetime created) dance competition in New Jersey....I think she could have sufficed without the pigtails, hearts and butt shaking. Or just admit that the plans for her are to not be a genuinely competitive, competitive dancer. All of those girls were on the show at 10 and I don't really recall (with the exception Kendall) all of this babying of routine. Poor kid is nearly 11 and is the Gary Coleman of the dance world

Totally agree!

Latest posts

Back