All-Star The Majors Teams & Event Talk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd argue the Masters is on par with the US Open, but it does suggest something else...that there are, in a lot of ways, multiple "major" championships. (NCA, Jamfest, Cheersport, Worlds)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

... and there is nothing wrong with that IMO. There is no need to rest the hope of your entire team (or the entire sport, for that matter) on the backs of one event or one event producer.

If multiple events have comparable prestige, then each of them is forced to continually compete with each other to improve their quality and value.

Doesn't it just become another type of competition with each EP designing their own prestigious event?

By each EP designing their own prestigious event won't that further dilute Worlds. It takes those top dogs out of bid opportunities. On the flip side the top dogs would then go look for bid opportunities at lesser know EP.

In my humble opinion. I see it being a more expensive cheer season as everyone is coveting the prestigious award plus attending other comps for the bid to Worlds.

Back