All-Star The Majors Teams & Event Talk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Even from my bedroom watching it on the computer I loved it. For a first time event I think they did what the aimed to do. The interviews and opening footage made it feel like you were at a concert and they show the little mini movie before certain songs. Kudos to Jamfest for going outside the box and doing something like this to take people back to when worlds first started and it was just a few teams.
I also must say I was super jealous to not be there because I wanted to see Panthers and Cheetahs live for the first time so badly. Cheer Athletics have gained a fan with those two performances and routines.

There's been a lot of talk and speculation regarding Top Gun coeds standings in the Majors. First and foremost I agree with BlueCat in that the Majors did an amazing job recognizing the athleticism and accomplishments of all those involved. Being the inaugural year I really do feel that if they slowly grow the attendees and commit to the same quality in production as this year they'll have something great in their hands.

As far as our score is concerned Jamfest acknowledged our coed stunts but only to the bare minimum bc it does not count as majority by their standards. Even with that taken into account our score was still in a position to place atop the division and thennnnnnn lol... we received deductions for what Jamfest considered 2 stunt falls to the ground, a tumbling fall and 2 safety infractions. Although some would consider a few of the deductions subjective they were enough to significantly drop our placement.

Congrats to everyone involved...it was a pleasure to be amongst the Worlds best!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.762771,-86.160908
coed elite had a safety violation too...If I'm to understand to you correctly, are you saying w/o any of the deductions you would have placed first or just higher?

ok after watching the web cast of it, I retract any statement I made about it...I think with a little tweeking this could be a huge annual event for cheerleading

I think it can be too. Obviously some fixes need to be done, but JamFest has historically done a pretty good job with that.

I could see it being something like the preseason NIT in NCAA basketball.

I LOVE Top Gun's dance. Literally watched it over and over, so please no one get mad at me asking because I am just curious. Anyways, do you think Top Gun's dance could possibly be deducted for at NCA? I feel like there is a lot of shaking and popping. Once again I LOVEE it, I just am wondering if the judges will feel the same way. I really hope they don't need to change it.

Congrats to Coed Elite and CA Panthers:) Yall were amazing!

However, apparently the trip to England isnt free. It is just a "bid" to Jamfest in Europe. That trip will probably be 5,000 for each athelete to pay out of their own pocket. Amazing opportunity though so I hope both of these teams can afford it and go!

I liked how it showcased every athlete and the videos. It was fun, entertaining, and wasn't dragged out. Very cool competition and I'd like to see how next year goes. However, I definitely did NOT like that it was the same time as JamFest. Yes, it was convenient for those already in Indy, but JamFest lacked the energy it normally has because the teams that everyone gets hyped up to see weren't competing. Even when great teams were performing I often found myself one of a few cheering them on from the audience.

really? I very easily found them. one was in the backwards flip knee thing, when they caught her, her foot/leg touched the ground and then the second was when a guy's knee touched in baskets
Oh, maybe it was the quality of the video? I haven't looked for them yet, but hopefully I'll get to see some personal videos of the majors in better quality. (not just to see errors though, lol..I wanna see all those routines again!)

"Quickly"!? I understand that people want to get their money's worth but 2 hours for 9 teams is a little redic.
I only saw cheetahs on the ustream but it seemed like jamfest wanted to fill EVERY second between teams so there wasnt even a second where someone could consider getting popcorn or running to the bathroom between teams. I really wish someone recorded the coaches speaking. I'm sure Ceacoach gave a great speach for senior elite.

"Quickly"!? I understand that people want to get their money's worth but 2 hours for 9 teams is a little redic.

Yes, quickly. There was never a moment where we were sitting without being entertained, whether it was a performance or not. The only "bathroom break" in between took about 5 minutes.

Back