OT The Purge: Louisville?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 2, 2014
Okay, this makes me sick. I'm posting on here to inform people of how crazy teenagers have gotten, and to ask if any members of the boards from the area (or other areas: I've heard Detroit is next, and maybe Jacksonville has already had threats?) were affected. I sincerely hope no one or their property was harmed, but the girl's reports about the police scanner are chilling.
Live Blog: I’m In Louisville Right Now And The Louisville Purge May Actually Be Happening | Thought Catalog

'Louisville Purge' threats monitored by police

Student Who Started Louisville Purge Hoax In Kentucky ‘Didn’t Mean Any Harm’ By Rumor

This is like the Project X craze, only much, much worse. I get that the kid was doing it for attention (pathetic), but I don't think he realizes what sick people inhabit the internet, who would take this stuff seriously and jump at the opportunity to participate...

And then he breaks out the classic line: "I didn't think people were going to take it this seriously!"

Well dummy, that's why you don't do stuff like that in the first place, because you never know how disastrous it could get! Same reason you don't choke your friends, throw boiling water on them or light them or yourself on fire for YouTube likes.

Idiot.

Last edited:
The unfortunate part is this kid probably was kidding around, but Social Media can take that joke to millions in a very short period of time and it will sound like a great idea to the idiots of the world. Our kids are hiding behind these social media accounts feeling as though they can say anything and everything without consequence to themselves or others. Also, I'm not for censorship, however, some of this crap that Hollywood and the gaming industry is cranking out is truly diabolical and outrageously wicked. Is there any point where we finally say, "this has crossed the line?"

I chuckled seven years ago when we moved to Kennesaw, GA and heard about our unique gun law (every head of household is to own a gun), but I'm not chuckling anymore.

I don't think anything really happened (relative to the purge) though. My CP was telling me about it last night and I have checked several news sites (i.e. nbcnews.com, whas11.com - local Louisville news) and nothing was reported, so from what I can see it was a hoax. Stupid, no doubt, but fortunately it didn't actually take place.

I don't think anything really happened (relative to the purge) though. My CP was telling me about it last night and I have checked several news sites (i.e. nbcnews.com, whas11.com - local Louisville news) and nothing was reported, so from what I can see it was a hoax. Stupid, no doubt, but fortunately it didn't actually take place.

I'm glad to hear nothing happened in Louisville. They need to have these kids start footing the bills for the additional law enforcement and time to investigate and perhaps these "jokes" would seem a lot less funny.

I hate this so much. Kids today needs to realize, that not everything is a game. This isn't a movie. This is real life. If someone gets shot with a gun, it's 50/50 shot you'll live or die. If you get a second chance at life, that's luck.

Pulling that classic line, " I didn't think..." You right, you didn't think at all. If you thought about it the consequences of this, you wouldn't be in this situation. There are sick people online that would have taken this seriously.

You cannot put something like that online like Project x. Project x was just a big party from what I understand. This is the purge. Where people can get killed and robbed.

Even though this was supposed to be fun and games, I still think this young teen should do some type of community service or something of the matter as punishment. Putting an entire state at risk of tragedy, is not cool at all.

High schoolers in my area kept making "purge instagrams". They would post indecent pictures of girls in hopes that they'd be so embarrassed they would harm or kill themselves. I know that the one in my home town had the opposite effect to most of the student body luckily. Many kids posted on Facebook how wrong they felt it was and to report it. The page got shut down numerous times and I haven't heard anything in weeks making me think that whoever it was gave up.

High schoolers in my area kept making "purge instagrams". They would post indecent pictures of girls in hopes that they'd be so embarrassed they would harm or kill themselves. I know that the one in my home town had the opposite effect to most of the student body luckily. Many kids posted on Facebook how wrong they felt it was and to report it. The page got shut down numerous times and I haven't heard anything in weeks making me think that whoever it was gave up.

This is disgusting. I feel sick just reading it. Who even thinks of something like that?

I was watching 'Odd Girl Out' last night (it's a Lifetime movie starring Alexa Vega) and some of what I saw made me sick... I have never experienced it myself, but girls can be so mean.

The kids there took the threats seriously, as did their parents. They all made plans and stayed in and took extra precautions. The parents who had kids at school received emails and text alerts with details of the precautions their students should take and the increased attention the school was placing on their safety as well as what the Louisville Metro Police Force was doing to insure their safety.
Bottom line, this shouldn't have happened and safety is the utmost concern and the threats were taken seriously, but thankfully there weren't any incidents.

Back