OT The Purge: Louisville?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
obviously thats not what i was saying. people think there was mass chaos but nothing out of the ordinary happened. i wasn't even saying anything about the kids.

I know. But I'm just saying, the person who started this, should be punished. You made it sound like that punishment shouldn't be taken place.

No harm intended by me at all.

Ugh just saw someone share a poster (they were saying it was stupid) on Facebook for The Purge: Milwaukee. I seriously hope this isn't happening...

This is like the Project X craze, only much, much worse. I get that the kid was doing it for attention (pathetic), but I don't think he realizes what sick people inhabit the internet, who would take this stuff seriously and jump at the opportunity to participate...

And then he breaks out the classic line: "I didn't think people were going to take it this seriously!"

Well dummy, that's why you don't do stuff like that in the first place, because you never know how disastrous it could get! Same reason you don't choke your friends, throw boiling water on them or light them or yourself on fire for YouTube likes.

Idiot.
Wait sorry but quick question: progect x us that movie about the kid who throws a huge party right? I've never seen it....so people were throwing parties or whatever back in the day when it first came out? Sorry for the dumb question :)

I'm not from Louisville area but all over Facebook recently all I have been seeing is shootings after shootings in Clarksville Tn. Articles online claiming Louisville didn't experience the Purge but clarksville did. This is where I moved from when I moved to Texas.

There is this article I found from Friday .. This is about all the shootings that happened at that time
WXIX

This is only about the shootings where people were injured or killed. It also touches on a shooting/death from the previous week.
2 dead, 6 injured in 4 shootings in 5 days

Clarksville is not a terrible place. When I lived there is happened but I can't even name that many shootings the whole time I lived there let alone the amount they had in a few days.

What's most sad is the boy that was killed like 1.5 weeks ago is the brother of a girl who has been dating for a while and has young kids with the boy who was killed Thursday. Like I can't even imagine what she is going through.
Losing her brother then 1.5 weeks later losing her man her kids father in shootings where the cops have no information on who did this in either one.

I'm just so sad for that whole community.

Wait sorry but quick question: progect x us that movie about the kid who throws a huge party right? I've never seen it....so people were throwing parties or whatever back in the day when it first came out? Sorry for the dumb question :)

Not a dumb question at all. But yes, people tried to throw copycat parties like the one in Project X. Mass amounts of people and alcohol and drugs. I remember that summer the majority of these parties I was hearing about were all high school grad parties, so lots of under aged kids.

As much as I don't agree with it, I get the whole copycat thing of project X. People wanna have fun. This though honestly boggles my mind. I am so dumbfounded at the lack of intelligence of the people doing this. This is not fun, this is terrifying. I can't even put into words how confused I am by this.

Update on my island venture: I've learned you can buy your own island for less than the cost of 4 year college education. Do you know how done I am with the world right now? So done.

Yeah! Kids from my high school had a "project b" party my senior year. It was insane, I wasn't there but I heard some crazy stories.

Ugh just saw someone share a poster (they were saying it was stupid) on Facebook for The Purge: Milwaukee. I seriously hope this isn't happening...
Oh great. Now there's supposed to be another Wisconsin Purge on the 22nd that includes Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison, Fon Du Lac and Appleton. Fantastic.

Not a dumb question at all! There was a kid named Mikey (not sure what his last name is) and as a joke, he started a hashtag called #ProjectM, and I think there was a Twitter page for it as well.

Anyway, the kid was planning on throwing a massive party like the one in Project X. I'm not sure whether he expected anyone to show up, but it ended up being that TONS OF PEOPLE SHOWED UP TO THIS KID'S HOUSE. I MEAN, PEOPLE WERE DRIVING IN FROM OTHER STATES JUST TO GO TO THIS KID'S PARTY. THERE WERE CARS LINED UP DOWN HIS STREET.

His parents shut the thing down before it got out of hand, and the kid publicly apologized. I've heard that the movie was inspired by some stupid kid named Corey Delaney from Australia (Melbourne, I think?) who threw a raucous party (like, Gatsby times crazy to the 5th power on energy drinks).

Thousands of people showed up.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage caused.

His parents were shocked, and people were PISSED.

But he was just TOO pleased with himself. Watch the news clip on YouTube, I promise you'll laugh your head off. None of his friends tried to check his behavior, so he didn't care.

Last edited:
tumblr_naf16cHgoo1t078q2o1_1280.jpg

Lolwut?

I don't understand how people can think they can commit crime freely without law enforcement interfering... Like just because you declare a 'purge' doesn't mean the police are going to decide to disregard mass amounts of crime lol
Yeah, I thought the whole point of the purge (movie version) was that all crime was legal. Whether there were actually any crimes or not, this whole thing is incredibly stupid. And the whole state of California? Really? I don't think that's going to happen, at least not in my town.

This. UGHH . My mom and I share this account. We are disgusted. How could anyone think to do this? I have lost faith in humanity . Excuse me but to cheer myself up I'm going to watch 5 hours of cat videos...

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Who comes up with this stuff???
I think the picture was made so people would know when the "purge" was happening in there area in case there was any real danger.

And I don't even get the point of these "purges". You can commit crimes anytime and get arrested for them. Even if you have a set date it's still illegal which kinda defeats the point.

I don't understand how people can think they can commit crime freely without law enforcement interfering... Like just because you declare a 'purge' doesn't mean the police are going to decide to disregard mass amounts of crime lol
Exactly why I don't understand. It's not a Purge at all.....because crime is still illegal. You're just planning to commit crimes in a certain time period.

Back