All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if the huge divisions could be in the Milk House day 1 and the smaller divisions could be in Jostens’s. I assume all the divisions would be in the Milk House day 2 since only the top 5 advance. If you are guaranteed to compete in the Milk House day 2 regardless of your performance, it would be nice to let the divisions where 85% of the teams won't make it to day 2 be able to experience the Milk House as well. (Maybe have Small Youth 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Small Sr 4 in the Milk House day 1?) If we are traveling all the way to Disney to compete for one day in a tent I might cry.
Perform in a tent? Explain please-- never been to Disney comps :) thx

At UCA they have 3 venues at WWoS - HP Pavilion (Milk House), Jostens’s, and Varsity (Arena maybe?). Varsity is a tent.

Oh yeah - competing in that tent was awful! We had crossovers last year for UCA coming from Hollywood Studios who were stuck in traffic so it delayed our "tent time" by an hour and when the kids finally competed in the tent, only our gym was there to watch. Did not feel like an UCA experience as opposed to the other years we were not in a tent. We are Y3 so I hope they do not decide to put all youth or all levels 2/3 in the tent :-(((((

Order of performance will be a random draw.

We are hoping to have a block schedule up sometime later next week.
Can you tell me in J5 will they have the small all girl against large all girl and the same for coed small against coed large do to the lower number of teams. This is the format that was followed at UCA.

@WHOAtiger do you know if the list of teams on the summit web site that was last updated on 04/04 are the teams that are confirmed that they are coming or just a list of bid winners, some confirmed some not.

That would be a great idea so that all teams get a chance on the "big floor". But if they're trying to keep it like worlds, there will be no "tents". Worlds uses only Milkhouse and Jostens and is (cringing as I remember my experience with the seat savers.. :rolleyes:) somewhat ok. I don't imagine them using a tent. At least I hope not..I just really don't want to compete in one I guess lol.

To be honest, i'm STOKED at how large the small senior 3 division is. It makes it more prestigious of a win. I mean c'mon, I'm certainly not working an extra month and a half out of my season and time away from summer, then flying across the US just to go against 1-5 teams, you feel me? I am thrilled for the summit, also in the restricted small division. I'm glad to see some great competition!

I know this is wishful thinking, but it would be nice if the huge divisions could be in the Milk House day 1 and the smaller divisions could be in Jostens’s. I assume all the divisions would be in the Milk House day 2 since only the top 5 advance. If you are guaranteed to compete in the Milk House day 2 regardless of your performance, it would be nice to let the divisions where 85% of the teams won't make it to day 2 be able to experience the Milk House as well. (Maybe have Small Youth 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Small Sr 4 in the Milk House day 1?) If we are traveling all the way to Disney to compete for one day in a tent I might cry.

I heard senior teams will be in milkhouse, the rest will be in Jostens. I think J5 and Y5 might also be in Milkhouse..That is what someone who was working with Varisty told us at a competition, just what i heard!

I apologize, I've been out of the office at One Up and haven't had the chance to get confirmation on everyone's questions until now. I'll do my best to answer them all to the best of my knowledge.

The Varsity arena (the tent everyone is talking about) is not being used for routines. It will specifically be for awards. The only two venues being used for routines at The Summit are the field house and J Center.

We should have a final team list and a block schedule by the end of the week.

WCMAN approximately 500 teams including dance competed at UCA All Star. We are currently at over 300 teams competing at The Summit.

There will be NO division splits at the Summit (example:Level 2 Large Youth 2 Division A and Level 2 Large Youth 2 Division B).

For divisions with less than 5 teams, all the teams will advance to finals with a clean slate of scores on day 2.

We are doing our best to give everyone that will be competing at The Summit the same prestige no matter what venue they are competing in.

I apologize, I've been out of the office at One Up and haven't had the chance to get confirmation on everyone's questions until now. I'll do my best to answer them all to the best of my knowledge.

The Varsity arena (the tent everyone is talking about) is not being used for routines. It will specifically be for awards. The only two venues being used for routines at The Summit are the field house and J Center.

WCMAN approximately 500 teams including dance competed at UCA All Star. We are currently at over 300 teams competing at The Summit.

There will be NO division splits at the Summit (example:Level 2 Large Youth 2 Division A and Level 2 Large Youth 2 Division B).

For divisions with less than 5 teams, all the teams will advance to finals with a clean slate of scores on day 2.

We are doing our best to give everyone that will be competing at The Summit the same prestige no matter what venue they are competing in.

I guess my only question after that will be, what will happen to the teams that have 1 team in their division?

By "fieldhouse" I assume your talking about the Milkhouse :p:shimmy: sorry seeing ASCheerMan shimmy never gets old.

Back