All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have one "fierce" coach with some serious sass who came to our gym last year who can seriously truly dance. When he was teaching CP's team the dance last year a grandmother and a mom were getting upset and were asking should we say something? I said, Don't worry the kids can't dance like that, it will be fine. It was completely fine by the time the kids had the dance down and, no, we weren't used to it, the kids can't dance like the coach can.

Doesn't this already fall under the category of appropriate/inappropriate choreography?

YES! Especially to fill time for the prep in the middle of pyramid. I feel like each team is trying to "outdo" eachother in sass and they are just getting more and more suggestive. Nothing wrong with a good ole hair flip and snap but the squatting with rubbing the thighs - too much.
I also think I speak for all middle prep bases when I say it's not their favorite thing either. Keep your knees locked, plz flyer.

I know things have gone too far in Allstars when I see them in high school. I didn't see too much of this last summer and I'm praying I can say the same after this summer.

There was a pretty popular video on Twitter of a girl on Rockstar Beatles rehearsing their stunt sequence. It was pretty cool sequence, looked pretty good technically. But a very small portion of it was like actual skills, i.e full ups or body positions, the majority of it was her rubbing her thighs or squatting down and it made me feel really uncomfortable to watch. Like, this is WAAY too sexy for cheer.... :/

There was a pretty popular video on Twitter of a girl on Rockstar Beatles rehearsing their stunt sequence. It was pretty cool sequence, looked pretty good technically. But a very small portion of it was like actual skills, i.e full ups or body positions, the majority of it was her rubbing her thighs or squatting down and it made me feel really uncomfortable to watch. Like, this is WAAY too sexy for cheer.... :/
And she is a beautiful flyer with great skills who doesn't have to do all of that to get attention. As long as videos like that keep going viral and getting praised teams will mimic it and the trend will continue.

Then you see Youth kids going viral doing the SAME sequences.

With adults commenting things like:

"Flyer goals."
"Kid goals"
"YASSSS"
"WERK."

What.

Wasn't it just a full up and a tic top? Otherwise the rest was just excess movement...I'm sure her bases and backspot loved all that! lol

Perfect example of a lovely center prep gone wrong. Everything cute fine and sassy until 1:51. Just why.

Interesting enough, I feel like you don't notice it/see it much on large teams (and maybe even medium) until the dance (if you see it at all). You tend to notice it more in small where you need to choreograph enough so the center looks interesting, but not SO much that you tire them out. Large teams have enough going on where you don't run the risk of dead time in center.

I feel like things wouldn't get so out of hand if we actually enforced the rules that are already in the rule book (even if it just starts with warnings). Same goes with unis- cover up rules might not be needed so much if we START with unis that don't look like scraps of fabric held together by ribbons.

Perfect example of a lovely center prep gone wrong. Everything cute fine and sassy until 1:51. Just why.

Interesting enough, I feel like you don't notice it/see it much on large teams (and maybe even medium) until the dance (if you see it at all). You tend to notice it more in small where you need to choreograph enough so the center looks interesting, but not SO much that you tire them out. Large teams have enough going on where you don't run the risk of dead time in center.

I feel like things wouldn't get so out of hand if we actually enforced the rules that are already in the rule book (even if it just starts with warnings). Same goes with unis- cover up rules might not be needed so much if we START with unis that don't look like scraps of fabric held together by ribbons.

I really didn't find that to be that bad. There are a lot of much more excessive ones like JungleCats at their first competition(it was toned down after that), royalty last year, etc.

Hers looked more awkward to me than overly sexual.

See also: The "we bad, you mad drop it low with your booty out facing the camera" photos.

Stop yourselves.

You not bad. We not mad. You ridiculous, and you grounded from social media if your parents see it.

Or let's be real, you probably not grounded because your mom monitors your social media and thinks it's cute (while secretly hoping you become cheer famous.)
I specifically told my middle school kids that we would have a BIG problem if I saw them doing that. The problem is that they all follow the famous L5 kids on Instagram and think that pose is cool.

For some of them are they choreographed like that or do they do it on the spur of the moment? If i saw a kid do that on my team, she would not be flying for much longer. What happened to wanting your flyer to all look the same?

This is where it reaches too much in my opinion. I love this program and loved this team (it's no longer a part of that program fwiw; was a different location than Gold), and their music mix was one of my favorites all season. So I'm not trying to throw shade. But that business around 2:18 is a no. And their entire dance...

Back