All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Serious question to athletes, coaches, and parents: Do you feel like the 'thigh and body rubbing" trend in all star has gotten out of hand?
Yes. I especially hate seeing the littles do it when they are imitating their older cheer idols. My child is 11 and I am tired of seeing her rub her body trying to look like a Black Ops flyer.

Serious question to athletes, coaches, and parents: Do you feel like the 'thigh and body rubbing" trend in all star has gotten out of hand?

Honestly, seeing it one time was enough for me. I will be sad if I become desensitized to it like I have so many other things in cheer. I seriously question why adults are choreographing this for teenagers and if teenagers are doing it "freestyle" why adults are allowing it.

Yes. I am tired of seeing any motions that look like they belong in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit photo shoot. They are completely unnecessary in an all star routine.

See also: The "we bad, you mad drop it low with your booty out facing the camera" photos.

Stop yourselves.

You not bad. We not mad. You ridiculous, and you grounded from social media if your parents see it.

Or let's be real, you probably not grounded because your mom monitors your social media and thinks it's cute (while secretly hoping you become cheer famous.)

Last edited:
See also: The "we bad, you mad drop it low with your booty out facing the camera" photos.

Stop yourselves.

You not bad. We not mad. You ridiculous, and you grounded from social media if your parents see it.

Or let's be real, you probably not grounded because your mom monitors your social media and thinks it's cute (while secretly hoping you become cheer famous.)
guns out and legs spread seems to be the photo trend on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the most part, yes. The gyrating thigh/body rubbing in a suggestive manner that I've seen some do needs to stop. But, a blanket ban on thigh/body rubbing would also eliminate several moves my CP has been choreographed in the dance which don't translate as "sexy" to me. I'm afraid that by answering yes, we'll end up over-restricted similar to what happened with the revealing uniform poll that eventually led to the new uniform rules.

For the most part, yes. The gyrating thigh/body rubbing in a suggestive manner that I've seen some do needs to stop. But, a blanket ban on thigh/body rubbing would also eliminate several moves my CP has been choreographed in the dance which don't translate as "sexy" to me. I'm afraid that by answering yes, we'll end up over-restricted similar to what happened with the revealing uniform poll that eventually led to the new uniform rules.
Agreed. To answer the original question, yes - when it is done suggestively/sexily. I have also seen plenty of teams do a motion that is pure sass and doesn't look suggestive at all. The difference between the two is very hard to define on paper.

^^^^^I will say that I think UL was the first team I ever saw doing this and I didn't think much of it, because it was more sassy than anything.

I am pretty slow-witted...I am not sure I know what y'all are talking about? I don't *think* I have seen cp rub ANY body parts in her dance...or is it a stunting or tumbling thing? Granted, she is not the "showiest" cheerleader around (a ponytail flip after her tumbling surprises me, lol) but maybe this is something I have seen so much it doesn't even phase me? Can you post an example? I mean, thigh rubbing sure SOUNDS awful, I feel certain it couldn't be as bad as it sounds, could it? :eek:

Yes. I especially hate seeing the littles do it when they are imitating their older cheer idols. My child is 11 and I am tired of seeing her rub her body trying to look like a Black Ops flyer.

You nailed why I hate this. I coach junior and youth aged kiddos and they see older kids do it in routines or social media and think it makes them look like the older kids. Which makes it "cool" to them. These older athletes/coaches giving this choreography must not realize that these kiddos want to be like them and will imitate them because they admire them. THAT is why it is out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back