All-Star Things That Are Dying Out In Allstar Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Things that are dying or that I am missing:

I suppose I should state that most of the stuff that I miss fall under the performance aspect of all star cheer.

I like the glittery make-up, but it seems to be going away. I like inventive hair, although I don't know if I always buy into bigger is better! I like the team to look the same from head to toe - it's not that hard - make it happen!

I am disappointed that tumbling is becoming such a huge part of all star CHEER. If my daughter wanted to be a gymnast then she would have join a gymnastics gym when she was 4, not a cheer gym. Because tumbling has become such a huge part of the score sheet we have lost time in the routine for the fun, performance aspect elements such as the cheer, as was previously mentioned,and one of my favorites, the dance.

When we bring people who are not familiar with cheer to a competition with us and ask them what their favorite parts of the routines are, it is NEVER the tumbling. It is the stunting, pyramids and dance. It's the facials, the fun, and the impressiveness of it all.

I do love the athleticism of tumbling, stunting and cheer in general but I really enjoy the performance even more and I fear it is slipping away.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

individuals, duos, .... I havent seen a competition that has offered them for a while now. I aged out of all star 2 years ago, and 3 years ago I had an individual routine. Even back then, it was very rare that a competition that we were going to would offer individual and duo categories. Those were always fun to watch and perform back in the day ;)

individuals, duos, .... I havent seen a competition that has offered them for a while now. I aged out of all star 2 years ago, and 3 years ago I had an individual routine. Even back then, it was very rare that a competition that we were going to would offer individual and duo categories. Those were always fun to watch and perform back in the day ;)
I know Cheerpower still does individuals, duos, and stunt routines because I do indv. jump comps. But, not sure what other comps, does Cheersport?

Things that are dying or that I am missing:

I am disappointed that tumbling is becoming such a huge part of all star CHEER. If my daughter wanted to be a gymnast then she would have join a gymnastics gym when she was 4, not a cheer gym. Because tumbling has become such a huge part of the score sheet we have lost time in the routine for the fun, performance aspect elements such as the cheer, as was previously mentioned,and one of my favorites, the dance.

Actually, tumbling is becoming less and less important in all star routines. It has become more about stunting and tumbling has become more and more "watered down" due to the synchronized tumbling requirement.

I think the "sync" tumbling score is the dumbest thing in cheerleading. One of the most exciting parts of a routine used to be the "last pass". Unfortunately stupid people think synchronizing a squad of 36 makes more sense and is a way to identify if a team can tumble or not smh.

Actually sync tumbling is a perfect way to identify if a team can tumble or not. One person is not a whole team. Athletes on a certain level team should have those level appropriate skills, therefore syncro tumbling can easily determine that.

Actually sync tumbling is a perfect way to identify if a team can tumble or not. One person is not a whole team. Athletes on a certain level team should have those level appropriate skills, therefore syncro tumbling can easily determine that.

I really enjoy synchronized tumbling. It is so impressive when it is truly synchronized. Having said that, I also enjoy the last pass too. ;)

Back