All-Star This Makes Me So Mad... What Do You Think?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We talked about this at our booster club meeting... but i dont get why the cheerleadrers were pointed out when all different sports do it too such as soccer baseball etc.
thank you! i saw CIA at the mall doing this a few months back and i gave a few bucks to you guys. there is nothing wrongg with it if other sports do this all the time!

"begging and panhandling"??? it's called fundraising and donations. i'm sure if it was for something like girlscouts or a football team she wouldn't have said anything.
when you ask for money without providing ANYTHING in return...you run the risk of being called a begger...if you think it's ok to ask for money....thats cool...just can't be sensitive...cuz it is begging...IMO

Umm..my brother's AAU volleyball team is a bunch of beggars/panhandlers then. They just did it to help cut costs for them going to nationals. No bake sale, nothing. Just stood outside Stop and Shop. Then again, what does that make the Salvation Army? They're technically beggars as well...just try telling people THAT one.

Umm..my brother's AAU volleyball team is a bunch of beggars/panhandlers then. They just did it to help cut costs for them going to nationals. No bake sale, nothing. Just stood outside Stop and Shop. Then again, what does that make the Salvation Army? They're technically beggars as well...just try telling people THAT one.
ok....so the homeless guy is fund raising too?

ok....so the homeless guy is fund raising too?
Well, technically yes. Raising funds for himself, but yes. I suppose we'd need to officially consult the dictionary for the set ruling on the difference between panhandling/begging vs. fundraising/accepting donations but in my mind they're two sides of the same coin: asking for money. Whether or not you're looked favorably upon for why you're doing it apparently is the dividing line between the two..

When I was a gymnast, we stood outside like local stores and stuff with cans, and it was called tagging. Litterally people would drop pennies and dimes but nothing to huge. We didnt offer anything in return, except maybe a badge that said the clubs name on it or some candies or somtimes people would ask if we could do a flip or somthing so we would throw a handspring but honestly, it was harmless. If people wanted to give everything was accepted. Its kindof common practice for non profit orginizations anyways in canada, you see kids with cans outside stores all the time asking for loose change. I think she took it a little to the extreme IMO.

There are way more than 100 cheerleaders in the capital region haha. I mean my team did the same thing outside of wal marts in the area. I like the cheer up thing too as a way to fundraise, definitely different. Anyways, in a way it is begging but it's fundraising for your sport too. Baseball players do it, volleyball players do it, a lot of teams do it in the capital region. If people don't want to support, then they can say no thankyou...and not call people names.

salvation army is different. they arent doing it for themselves.

i mean in the end they are helping yall with that little fundraiser thing soooo.

but i do agree with the blogger lady. you shouldnt be outside walmart asking for money.

There are way more than 100 cheerleaders in the capital region haha. I mean my team did the same thing outside of wal marts in the area. I like the cheer up thing too as a way to fundraise, definitely different. Anyways, in a way it is begging but it's fundraising for your sport too. Baseball players do it, volleyball players do it, a lot of teams do it in the capital region. If people don't want to support, then they can say no thankyou...and not call people names.

if baseball players and volleyball players jumped off a bridge should us cheerleaders jump too?

Back