All-Star Thoughts On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You can't completely control what 1300 athletes do. We also have not said that we will never allow any promotions, only that we need to be involved in selection process to make sure they are appropriate. We approve some and decline some. Also, some people already had deals set up prior to us requiring permissions, so some of those were kind of grandfathered in.

Do you have any say over them, if they are not in uniform and don't use the gym's name? For example, what if they do a shoot for a uniform company (in generic unis) or for a stunt clinic wearing the clinic's logo?

What about media interviews? Do you get to clear those?

Do you have any say over them, if they are not in uniform and don't use the gym's name? For example, what if they do a shoot for a uniform company (in generic unis) or for a stunt clinic wearing the clinic's logo?

What about media interviews? Do you get to clear those?

If it is targeted at cheerleaders, we feel that we should have a say - particularly if it involves a product that CA Brands provides (camps, shirts, etc.) We do often allow stuff, we just want to be in the loop. We also want to screen the media stuff when possible because the media is rarely honest about the angle they are taking with a story.

The goal isn't to limit their opportunities. In fact, we are working on projects that will give them bigger (controlled) exposure and endorsement-type opportunities than what they have gotten previously.

I personally think it's about "looks". If you're pretty, skinny, good at what you do, and you're on a idolized team. BAM you're qualified to be the next cheerleb. It mean I may be wrong. But, I noticed that's how that goes.

Comments:
"OMG you're so pretty why can I be you".

That's my 1 issue with cheerlebs. It makes other hard working girls and not so much guys but girls feel bad they aren't good enough.

I agree with you completely. I am not going to say any names but at the gym Cheer Athletics I see it happen a lot when a pretty, blond, skinny cheerleader gets more attention than a cheerleader that is not all about looks but has amazing tumbling skills. The pretty blonde cheerleader doesnt even tumble at all during the routine and has half a million followers on instagram, but the other cheerleader is last pass and has 9,000... its kind of sad.

I also feel like its only flyers that have chances at being cheerlebrities.. its so sad that the bases dont get any credit. PANTHERS CENTER STUNT HAS A BASE THAT BASED WITH ONE HAND AT 2014 WORLDS!!!.. but no one noticed because everyone was looking at the flyer..

I was out of town with no cellphone signal so just getting back here now.
Here is some of the examples I was talking about:
CA "cheerlebrity"...conducts themselves professionally on social media (more than the average kid their age). I've never seen a inappropriate tweet or IG picture by CM, MS, HB (when she was there). I don't see them pimping a ton of products (except Cheerbandz, which is a helpful, athlete appropriate promotion) or advertising for "followers" on social media. At comps they really try to make the kids happy and take pictures, when they can't they explain the best way they can (remembering these are teens and not media managers). I chalk that all up to the coaches setting clear expectations of their behavior from the beginning and enforcing them. For example (and I may be off on the details) but a member of a team was dismissed at a comp a few seasons ago because he decided to put his team on blast when they had a bad performance.
"Cheerlebrities" from other gyms I have seen post inappropriate pictures to IG and then claim their account was hacked. Get into twitter wars with other people because they didn't like what someone said (and then rile up all of their followers to go after the person as well). Promote everything from diet pills to workout apps to their mom's Advocare business. Push other athletes out of the way to see a team perform because "don't you know who I am!" If the coaches don't address this behavior and make it clear it's unacceptable it just keeps going.
Honestly what I see is determined by who I follow. These are only my observations.

OMG! You are so right. All of the Cheer Athletics girls are always posting on Instagram about a PumpUp App.. And you are totally right that some cheerlebrities even promote diet pills. Go look at Cami Branson's recent posts... She promotes a $200 diet pill kit.

I think (if I'm remembering the right person) she had a bunch of followers but wasn't really "famous" like nobody talked about her like they do the other cheerlebs, they just followed her Instagram. But then people found out she was level 2 and started being snotty about it, so she ended up getting more famous from that and then she posted a bunch of rude stuff (I feel like a pic of her flipping people off in uniform or something) and everyone was mad about it and she ended up getting pretty famous mostly from that, like it was even talked about on here, but then it pretty much died overnight and nobody talks about her any more.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Woah wait, who are you talking about?

I agree with you completely. I am not going to say any names but at the gym Cheer Athletics I see it happen a lot when a pretty, blond, skinny cheerleader gets more attention than a cheerleader that is not all about looks but has amazing tumbling skills. The pretty blonde cheerleader doesnt even tumble at all during the routine and has half a million followers on instagram, but the other cheerleader is last pass and has 9,000... its kind of sad.

I also feel like its only flyers that have chances at being cheerlebrities.. its so sad that the bases dont get any credit. PANTHERS CENTER STUNT HAS A BASE THAT BASED WITH ONE HAND AT 2014 WORLDS!!!.. but no one noticed because everyone was looking at the flyer..
I'm in love with Jessica's stunt group. They all did an awesome awesome job! And Destiny was a BAB

that one hander actually got a lot of attention. there was a vine of her doing her thing that got posted a lot. her name might not have gotten mentioned and she didn't get 100k followers overnight, but she did get noticed. but i do get what youre saying.

I saw a lot of people took a picture at ecc this year in Bottrop with the guy from dolphins coed. But he is fierce...he and some boys from wildcats leverkusen are the fiercest boys in europe but I hope this doesn't become an european trend too.

Waaaah her! I remember her! I thought she was popular because she was good. But now I find out it was only because she was "pretty". What a disappointment! At the same rate I guess she never said she was good either.
homegirl wears entirely too much eye makeup and clothes that are much too tiny - she doesn't leave much to the imagination.
Reminds me of Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps. MP is the most decorated Olympian of all time, and an amazingly fast swimmer. RL is also awesome, but his chiseled face (in combination with his ripped physique) earned him a reality TV show and lots of attention from Entertainment Tonight.
Lochte is also a bumbling idiot, which I find to be humorous.

homegirl wears entirely too much eye makeup and clothes that are much too tiny - she doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Lochte is also a bumbling idiot, which I find to be humorous.
I once read a comment on a news site from someone saying that he had drunk too much chlorine. :p

Ugh, yes that girl was the true definition of a BAB, gave me Ultimate Life.

Knowing one that I believe has conducted herself beyond reproach I can tell you a small few will get some endorsement money, some are or will be paid to advertise on their accounts, some are doing clinics or gym visits for money and others promoting clothes, etc on websites for sale. But all of them are going to find out if they are going to make it in cheer they had better ask the Blue Cats and Popes of the world to find out what they need to do to be successful in cheer and I suspect it is a lot more than a the number of followers. For the rest that are not moving into cheer as a career may I suggest a great education, personal work ethic and the talent, drive and determination to make their career dreams come true. And this is the same for everyone, including those not well know or celebrities. There is no pot of gold at the end of their cheer career. Just the same opportunities everyone else has out there in the world. The one I know is officially the wire and plug girl for a news channel in Greensboro while working with the beat reporters starting out in the broadcast world. Just like everyone else.
Ohhh which one?! I went to school w/Rosemary Plybon (channel 2 here in Greensboro)- I think she left in 2012 though, can't remember.

lol tebow does suck, at least in the nfl. people latch on to him because of his fame he had at Florida and his open views about religion.
My husband said he was going to be a massive fail in the NFL. I'm a 'Noles fan, so I won't lie and say it bothers me he's right. :p

Latest posts

Back