All-Star Tiny VS Mini team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 8, 2022
What are the main differences? Is mini teams even really a thing anymore? Also Tiny Prep level 1 vs Tiny Level 1 vs Mini Prep Level 1. Would it be better to go from Tiny Prep to a Tiny team or mini Team? My daughter is at the upper age limit for tiny, but still might be eligible. I see some gyms doing tiny until age 7, but the age grid says 6, so I am confused how that actually works.

The age grid used to be age on August 31st, but in the last couple of years changed to birth year. Tiny for this season is 2014-2016 which is why there are some 7 year olds that can be tiny, but some can't.

It depends on where you are in the country, but mini typically is quite a bit more competitive than tiny. At this point in the season, some mini teams have 10 year olds on them. Tiny prep vs tiny elite doesn't seem to have much difference to me, but CP's gym also only does tiny prep so I don't have any experience with tiny elite.

Besides age, the only difference would be how your gym treats prep teams vs elite teams. Skill-wise there is no difference at level 1.

Thanks! I pmed you. Lol
The age grid used to be age on August 31st, but in the last couple of years changed to birth year. Tiny for this season is 2014-2016 which is why there are some 7 year olds that can be tiny, but some can't.

It depends on where you are in the country, but mini typically is quite a bit more competitive than tiny. At this point in the season, some mini teams have 10 year olds on them. Tiny prep vs tiny elite doesn't seem to have much difference to me, but CP's gym also only does tiny prep so I don't have any experience with tiny elite.

Besides age, the only difference would be how your gym treats prep teams vs elite teams. Skill-wise there is no difference at level 1.

Back