Tips For Not Falling In One Legged Extension

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Stand up strong and fast (pull your knee to the back of your leg, get your shoulders over your hips and your hips over your ankle). Squeeze your arms tight tight tight to your sides and when you pull the lib, pull it up tight to your leg. Don't relax even for a second.

If you flail your arms, you will fall.
If you don't stand up and lock out, you will fall.
If you put weight into your lib leg (even for a millisecond), you will fall.
If you stick your butt out, you will fall.

Most importantly, don't think about falling. Preparing to fall (thinking about the fall) is the number one cause of falling because it makes you go up thinking about how you'll jump out of the stunt instead of how tight you need to be to stay up. Mind over matter kiddo. You can do it!

Stand up strong and fast (pull your knee to the back of your leg, get your shoulders over your hips and your hips over your ankle). Squeeze your arms tight tight tight to your sides and when you pull the lib, pull it up tight to your leg. Don't relax even for a second.

If you flail your arms, you will fall.
If you don't stand up and lock out, you will fall.
If you put weight into your lib leg (even for a millisecond), you will fall.
If you stick your butt out, you will fall.

Most importantly, don't think about falling. Preparing to fall (thinking about the fall) is the number one cause of falling because it makes you go up thinking about how you'll jump out of the stunt instead of how tight you need to be to stay up. Mind over matter kiddo. You can do it!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just had Cp read this. She has been sticking her butt out all over the place! She especially liked the last part about thinking about staying up. She has flyer class today...she's going to practice it. Awesome!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just had Cp read this. She has been sticking her butt out all over the place! She especially liked the last part about thinking about staying up. She has flyer class today...she's going to practice it. Awesome!

Yay! Glad I could help! The mental part of skills is just as important as the physical. Stick it babydonna! :)

Lock your knee out (my biggest problem) and keep pulling up!

mommadonna is she getting the hang of it? Standing up fast and strong will keep that rear end in place so I hope babydonna is doing that!

awwww Ya Ya!!! Me too! Tell her cupieqt is happy happy! I hope you got a picture.
Babydonna told me tonight that when they were stretching after practice, she talked to a fellow flyer and told her your advice. She said, "I hope she remembers it tomorrow." I thought it was so sweet! They have their show off and preseason warm up comp tomorrow.

Babydonna told me tonight that when they were stretching after practice, she talked to a fellow flyer and told her your advice. She said, "I hope she remembers it tomorrow." I thought it was so sweet! They have their show off and preseason warm up comp tomorrow.

Great people want others to be great too. Good job babydonna. Now I'm even more proud :)

Great people want others to be great too. Good job babydonna. Now I'm even more proud :)
Preseason show off went great! Babydonna and her teammate both stayed up! :kiss:The team is looking wonderful! Can't wait to start the season!

Back