Tips For Not Falling In One Legged Extension

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I freak out a lot and I can't keep my balance
You have to be confident! Like said above I think, if you expect something to fall, it almost always will. That's because you're thinking about it falling and not about what to do so it stays up. You have to trust that your bases will catch you no matter what happens and say, "No matter how high I go up, no matter how wobbly it feels, or how scary this is, I'm going to fight for this stunt and it will hit!"

Also, never balance! It's weird to think about it like that, but balancing and controlling your foot is your bases' job. YOUR job as a flyer is to always always always stay tight, squeezing every muscle you can in the air (and also to look awesome ;) ) As long as you keep your weight mostly on the ball of your foot, your bases should be able to adjust any balance issues you have. Remember that tight flyers are light flyers!

Another thing is to communicate with your group. Talk about what happened. What felt weird? Did this work better? What can I do to make this easier? Make CHANGES. You can't do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. 2+2 will always be 4.

Back