Tips On Strength For Tumbling?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 22, 2012
I just recently had a spinal surgery and was able to start tumbling today. I haven't been able to tumble because of pain/doctors orders for over a year. I have been tumbling since I was five (now 14). I still have all of the muscle memory but I've lost strength in my arms/legs, and my tumbling is pretty weak now. tips?

ps. my highest running was a front through to a full and standing was three bhs to a full if that helps.

thanks to anyone who can help! it's much appreciated :)

I know the feeling. I fractured my L5 and couldn't tumble for six months. I had intense physical therapy though that included a lot of ab work but i also had to do a lot of running and chin ups so I guess that helped me maintain my arm strength. I gained most of my muscle just from tumbling itself so maybe if you just keep working at it it'll come back to you

I would recommend intense core strength series, include a high rep high volume training program to protect your shoulders from over use injuries as you increase your level of tumbling. I would also include a series of leg drills, lunges, walking lunges, leg curls and calf raises to help condition your knee and ankle joints as you return to the mat. Please spend the time to follow a dynamic warmup before training in order to fully mobilize your joints and improve the elasticity of your muscles. Please don't hesitate if you need more specific training programs

Back