All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Umm I'm Asian (living in America for almost my entire life) and take EXTREME personal offense to that racial slur. How arrogant of you @socratesofcheer ...you should feel like a total a*shole for that distasteful joke. Way to offend an entire race, some of which are in the industry IN THIS COUNTRY. Wake up, it's 2011. Somewhere an Amurrican village is missing a person... "The Asian countries" do their counting just fine... which is why they're surpassing us in higher education every year. This is about rules in cheerleading. Do NOT make this about race. I will gladly slaughter any argument you have.
Someone took that a little too seriously. That wasn't exactly a racial slur. We all know that asians are great at math.

So what about Germany had a 16 year old athlete and they were disqualified....

And Bangkok wins a gold.

Don't strip the globe or the title. If it was ignored, or overlooked...it's not their fault. They were so grateful to be competing here in America, in front of teams they idolize. Was it an unfair? Sure. And possible reasoning behind the tie for 1st. But, privately make them aware of the infractions, and make sure ALL counties are aware it can't be tolerated next year. I thought they were great and think they should be able to enjoy the win. Ultimately it was in control of the USASF. Blaim them.

And also, from the amazing sportsmanship we saw from gymtyme...I don't think they were upset about sharing the gold. I'm sure they're not counting safety violations to prove they were the solo winner of IOC6. And like I said...no ones fault besides the judges!

That's not a cradle?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Well I considered a cradle to be dismount caught in a cradle position. Not a toe pitch, which we had in our routine. But then I remembered that we had 3 catchers even for that, which I just never realized was probably for legality purposes. Needing 3 catchers for a toe pitch dismount or a straight cradle seems really silly and unnecessary - especially considering you don't need them in college.

Umm I'm Asian (living in America for almost my entire life) and take EXTREME personal offense to that racial slur. How arrogant of you @socratesofcheer ...you should feel like a total a*shole for that distasteful joke. Way to offend an entire race, some of which are in the industry IN THIS COUNTRY. Wake up, it's 2011. Somewhere an Amurrican village is missing a person... "The Asian countries" do their counting just fine... which is why they're surpassing us in higher education every year. This is about rules in cheerleading. Do NOT make this about race. I will gladly slaughter any argument you have.
Well you're wrong. Whats racist about this?
Thailand had too many boys on the floor.
China falsified birth certificates so their gymnasts could compete in the olympics.
Thailand and China are Asian countries.
The problem is, you are far too liberal with the term racist/racism. You should learn the proper use of those words along with the word bigotry.
Now, if you wish to try and "slaughter" my arguments let's do it over PM. There is no need for this to be on a cheerleading thread.

Don't strip the globe or the title. If it was ignored, or overlooked...it's not their fault. They were so grateful to be competing here in America, in front of teams they idolize. Was it an unfair? Sure. And possible reasoning behind the tie for 1st. But, privately make them aware of the infractions, and make sure ALL counties are aware it can't be tolerated next year. I thought they were great and think they should be able to enjoy the win. Ultimately it was in control of the USASF. Blaim them.

This is NOT the solution. It IS their fault. It is ALL of their faults. This type of overlooking is what makes a mockery of this industry. This should not be private. They WERE great...but they should NOT have won.

This is NOT the solution. It IS their fault. It is ALL of their faults. This type of overlooking is what makes a mockery of this industry. This should not be private. They WERE great...but they should NOT have won.

I really do agree with you. And ok, doesn't have to be private...i get that. BUT they won. With OBVIOUSE violations. And if they were clear on the rules, and aware of "cheating" then shame on them. Fine, take the title back. But if they just went and competed the routine they had all year, and if the rules did get "mistranslated" for worlds, then shame on USASF. I would have been the first one to say tough luck, if they got called on the infractions on day 1, and were forced to make the appropriate changes for finals. But the DIDNT. Personally, I think their only asking for trouble to have different rules and regulations between usasf and iasf. Expecially when there is uncertainty of the English language.

And also, from the amazing sportsmanship we saw from gymtyme...I don't think they were upset about sharing the gold. I'm sure they're not counting safety violations to prove they were the solo winner of IOC6. And like I said...no ones fault besides the judges!

To your point, you're 100% correct! My kids (No I'm NOT James Speed) were very happy with how things turned out! Some did have questions about how certain things could be but nonetheless ALL were 100% fine with how it all turned out...

Having said that I do agree such blatant violations of the rules should never be overlooked no matter who the team is if we ever want to be taken seriously as a "sport". In all honesty we tried to do some of the things Bangkok did with pyramids for NCA College with 11 guys that we saw in that youtube video I posted earlier in this thread and we simply couldn't do it legally without adding another boy or 2.

OK....but if you are warned not to take performance enhancing drugs prior to your participation at the Olympics, but you ignore that...you win, your test results come back AFTER the win as being positive for these drugs...then you should be able to keep your title? NOPE. Plenty of athletes have been stripped of their titles, medals, etc. after they have won due to tings being caught AFTER. Fact is, Bangkok competed totally illegally and performed illegal skills within that illegal team. The English language is NOT the issue here. The team, the USASF and the IASK ARE the issues here. Rules were broken. PERIOD. There is no disputing that. How, why, when, whatever matters not. It needs to be remedied. THE END.

We do not KNOW they knew they were doing something wrong. Coaches slip up all of the time when it comes to rules, especially level 6. Yes they signed a packet but like someone mentioned earlier, their could be language barriers, translation issues and when they are competing at both ICU and USASF, it could have been confusion and a honest mistake. Don't be so quick to judge the situation, God knows we've all messed up a time or two. If you were competing and won first, and then stripped of your title after it was over due to a rule violation you misunderstood , or honestly didn't know about, you would be extremely upset that it wasn't caught prior to awards or at least warned . I'm not thinking about the coach, I'm thinking about the kids who probably had NO clue they were in the wrong and were just thrilled to be there.
Yes we do KNOW that they KNEW the rules. A video of the exact same team in previous years shows that YES they can count and DO know the rules. I place blame on ALL parties involved. Someone said that there were around 50+ Countries involved between ICU and Usasf Worlds (Idk that these numbers are correct but its what I've heard being thrown around). Each country/team is responsible for following the rules.

OK....but if you are warned not to take performance enhancing drugs prior to your participation at the Olympics, but you ignore that...you win, your test results come back AFTER the win as being positive for these drugs...then you should be able to keep your title? NOPE. Plenty of athletes have been stripped of their titles, medals, etc. after they have won due to tings being caught AFTER. Fact is, Bangkok competed totally illegally and performed illegal skills within that illegal team. The English language is NOT the issue here. The team, the USASF and the IASK ARE the issues here. Rules were broken. PERIOD. There is no disputing that. How, why, when, whatever matters not. It needs to be remedied. THE END.

YES! If the results come back post olympics then you should be stripped of your medal. The violations were clear in PRELIMS! Before they entered into finals. Clear as day to any usasf certified judge this past weekend (also clear, to the majority of cheerleaders, coaches, and spectators as well). Please don't get me wrong, I think it is totally UNFAIR! But WHY was this not addressed the very first time they competed?! Why were they not penalized in prelims?!

Latest posts

Back