All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Instead of open seating they need to have ticketed seating and general admission if it stays at the Milkhouse.
Ticketed seating is in the front section and is only sold through teams that are competing. This way parents get a guarantee that they are in for their child. These tickets can be purchased for one division, or for the whole day (but there are a limited number of full day tickets per gym). Anyone who is not affiliated with a team competing-they purchase general admission seating, which is more towards the back.

On the other hand....how many times have we heard the story of the parent who's child is competing at the Olympics (gymnastics, swimming, track, figure skating-the most expensive event tickets) but can't afford to get into the venue to see their kid? (often times a VIP or corporate sponsor will give the parent their tickets).

Unfortunetly, moving things around to different parts of disney just isn't going to work at this point in cheerleading. Point blank, there is too many spectators and not enough seats, now matter how you arrange it. This weekend sounds like just what USASF needed to break the ties with Disney. Sorry, but if I had paid for a trip down here, which can cost THOUSANDS of dollars for some....you better believe I would not be moving from my seat.
It just stinks, because it was a lose-lose situation. Either paying spectators lost a seat, or parents couldnt see their child. Either way, someone had to miss out on something they paid for. There is hundreds of viable arena options...I think it's time to move on from Disney.

End rant.

USASF building it's own venue on the Disney property (or anywhere else) is not a serious option. That is not even remotely reasonable.

It boils down to what you find to be important. If you primarily value the "vacation" aspect of the trip, then your list of priorities is going to be markedly different from those who primarily care about the event as a pure competition. I am obviously in the camp that cares primarily about the event as a pure competition. Sightseeing and getting our picture taken with Minnie is fantastically low on the priority list for us. Others may feel differently.

I think any of the big venues being mentioned can offer the same as far as Disney

local dining
language barriers, not an issue if you're in Anaheim, California or Vegas same with transportation
Lots of Entertainment as well, but as the crowds indicate much of the crowd feels the actual comp is the entertainment

Ive never been to Worlds with a team that spends most of it time at the Parks

Jostens may not be as crowded but try sitting there all day it really sucks. Thats why people dont stay unless they must.
That is smallest venue my kids have performed in, in the last 7 years. We dont have any comps at high schools in this area so its a bit of a shock and no handicap seating, I wont go again if my kids are in the Jostens, physically I cant handle it

Perhaps USASF needs to do prelims (or whatever Friday was called) on a regional basis a week or two before Worlds.

I cant imagine waiting 2 weeks prior to get airfare and hotels. I know someone that did and paid $900 round trip. I paid $400 buying it in Dec. But then that would take care of the crowds LOL

Orange County Convention Center is the #1 BEST option. Plenty of space (I'd say it's comparable to the Georgia World Congress Center in size) I'm not sure of the exact distance but I'd say less than 5 miles from the WWOS. I get that the Mouse and ESPN is a HUGE draw, but come on, this is ridiculous. As kingston said, nothing will change if you don't make your voice heard. ztaprincess made a very good point in another thread that having lrg sr and sm sr (both have a HUGE fan draw) going on so close together did not HELP the problem. I do see that USASF is trying, but then again, they are failing. Something needs to be done.

I cant imagine waiting 2 weeks prior to get airfare and hotels. I know someone that did and paid $900 round trip. I paid $400 buying it in Dec. But then that would take care of the crowds LOL

Well, I think the moral of the story is that USASF has to figure out a way to pare down the numbers of teams in attendance. We all know that the profit margin is a huge factor, it is a business, and the solution would have to involve reducing the number of athletes at Worlds, but still maintaining the cash flow coming in from somewhere else. Also, the additional event(s) would have to be comparable (not equivalent) to Worlds. For the "experience".

Well, I think the moral of the story is that USASF has to figure out a way to pare down the numbers of teams in attendance. We all know that the profit margin is a huge factor, it is a business, and the solution would have to involve reducing the number of athletes at Worlds, but still maintaining the cash flow coming in from somewhere else. Also, the additional event(s) would have to be comparable (not equivalent) to Worlds. For the "experience".
I've said this in different threads, but I DON'T feel they should limit the numbers of attendance. Heck I say let it be whoever wants to come. Friday's prelims worked out way better than I thought it would, I thought it was a very good idea, and WORKED. I feel it brought prestige to competing on Saturday and even MORE to competing on Sunday. They have got to find a way to fit everyone, idk how, idk where, but if you LOVE cheerleading, you should not be turned away from watching the "greatest show on earth" aka WORLD'S!

Also, here is the issue with the Amway, or ANY major cities arenas that have been mentioned-they will NOT be used because they are the HOST arena for NBA teams. No arena is going to pass on the NBA playoffs so that cheerleading World's can have their spot. Great ideas, but 0% chance.

True, but it can be done in L.A. we can have ice hockey and basketball on the same day just a few hours apart. Happens a lot. Lakers, Clippers and LA Kings share the Staples Center.

Anaheim and Vegas don't have pro basketball teams

Could we stagger finals more? Have like SSC and SS have thursday prelims friday semis and saturday finals?

True, but it can be done in L.A. we can have ice hockey and basketball on the same day just a few hours apart. Happens a lot. Lakers, Clippers and LA Kings share the Staples Center.

Anaheim and Vegas don't have pro basketball teams
I hear ya, but I was just letting people know, logistics of putting on an event. Those Pro-teams have a much better system of putting things on. Cheer events take more time (putting together 3+ floors SHOULD take time) And World's is an ALL-DAY event, not and 1,2,3 hour event so they would need whatever arena for at least 4 solid days

Back