Top Cheer States Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard at a competition once that the top three cheer states as far as participant per percentage was Texas, Maryland and Florida.

Definitely wouldn't count out Ohio. I know there's something like 27ish gyms just in the central part of the state and that's not even including gyms like Midwest Cheer Elite and American Elite that have multiple locations.

Unfortunately there aren't ANY cheer only gyms in northeast Ohio. The closest to me is American Elite and it's about an hour and a half drive with traffic.

Georgia by far!!! Pro Cheer, ACE, Georgia All-Stars, Stingrays, ATA, Trinity, C4, Jayhawks, Heat, Ellenwood, Icon, CTA!!!! SOOO many talented gyms!

Definitely wouldn't count out Ohio. I know there's something like 27ish gyms just in the central part of the state and that's not even including gyms like Midwest Cheer Elite and American Elite that have multiple locations.

Ohio is big into everything - they may not be the biggest in any one thing, but they certainly "represent" in almost everything athletic. They have a lot of good gymnastics gyms, competition dance studios, and football and soccer teams in Ohio. Everything my kids have competed in over the years, we've always seen very strong competition when we go to Ohio.

American Cheerleader Magazine posted a couple days ago that Ohio has the most cheerleaders of all the states!
Are they counting Pop Warner, school cheer, college cheer and All Star cheer combined ? Or, are they talking just All Star ? It seems impossible that Ohio would have more cheerleaders in total than other much larger states unless maybe they are talking exclusively about All Star Cheer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The state with the most all star gyms is Pennsylvania (53 or more) and 2nd is Florida (50 or more) there is a list somewhere on this website with the names of all gyms in each state, but a few might be missing.

Back