All-Star Top Gun Uniform Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2009
This was i5's first time out in the uni's and from here on out adjustment's will be made to make sure they fit as planned. But the look itself accomplished exactly what it was made to do...the uniforms are first and foremost different, sexy, athletic and comfortable.

As always some of you will sit in comfort boxes with blinders on about whats tasteful and appropriate and I'll say as always "Were from Miami and for us it's not a shocker etc" and I'm fine with that and we will agree to disagree. It's too bad we didn't throw in confusing lines, unsymmetrical patterns, animal print that has nothing to do with our program or use apparel lengths reminiscent of the amish country but it's ok b/c several of you do and I'm ok with that also b/c it's not our style and we respect that you are you. I feel that some don't realize that theres an element of fashion and trend within this industry that can work to your advantage, but that's ok b/c for years we've been turning heads with choreography and uniforms that keep our names in your mouth's and our images in your minds.

It's just a shame that when the script is flipped I can mention or think about your program's positives or just keep quiet without saying your confusing uniform or your below par choreography is "tacky" or another negative adjective.

And to address whoever implied that our level 4 and under teams don't get the same attention please don't start barking up that tree again. The star program uniform took a long time to design and finalize b/c it had to look good on Tiny's through Open. Our World's teams have longer seasons, a "standard" body type easy to accommodate to and b/c of publicity, tv time and level popularity get seen more than our level 4 and under program. When our prototype for a new program uniform is finished and tested for durability and all visual purposes than it will be debuted to the rest of our program.

This was i5's first time out in the uni's and from here on out adjustment's will be made to make sure they fit as planned. But the look itself accomplished exactly what it was made to do...the uniforms are first and foremost different, sexy, athletic and comfortable.

As always some of you will sit in comfort boxes with blinders on about whats tasteful and appropriate and I'll say as always "Were from Miami and for us it's not a shocker etc" and I'm fine with that and we will agree to disagree. It's too bad we didn't throw in confusing lines, unsymmetrical patterns, animal print that has nothing to do with our program or use apparel lengths reminiscent of the amish country but it's ok b/c several of you do and I'm ok with that also b/c it's not our style and we respect that you are you. I feel that some don't realize that theres an element of fashion and trend within this industry that can work to your advantage, but that's ok b/c for years we've been turning heads with choreography and uniforms that keep our names in your mouth's and our images in your minds.

It's just a shame that when the script is flipped I can mention or think about your program's positives or just keep quiet without saying your confusing uniform or your below par choreography is "tacky" or another negative adjective.

And to address whoever implied that our level 4 and under teams don't get the same attention please don't start barking up that tree again. The star program uniform took a long time to design and finalize b/c it had to look good on Tiny's through Open. Our World's teams have longer seasons, a "standard" body type easy to accommodate to and b/c of publicity, tv time and level popularity get seen more than our level 4 and under program. When our prototype for a new program uniform is finished and tested for durability and all visual purposes than it will be debuted to the rest of our program.

You have to be able to take the good comments as well as the bad. Regardless, Top Guns name is still in everyone's mouth!

On top guns unis... they are fierce and they definitely work for top gun and no one else. And when it comes to fit I really just seen the same girl pulling hers up the whole routine so I think it would just be hers that needs to be fixed.
I like F5s but its not one of my favorites of theirs.

"Were from Miami and for us it's not a shocker etc"

A. That quote is so true. You see quite a variety of looks in Miami. Thats what makes it so interesting.
B. Maybe the "below par choreography" comment was a bit uncalled for? There will always be people who hate this uniform, hate that team, etc. But thats the good thing about the all star world. We can, for the most part, agree to disagree. When you have a team like Top Gun who has a standard body type for their worlds teams and they feel comfortable and confident wearing their uniform on the floor, who gives a hoot what anyone else says. While I probably wouldnt love wearing it, I certainly dont hate it because youre right, it put your team name and image right in my head. Thats publicity and while it may not work for some, it works for the athletes of Miami who want to be a part of this dynasty.

I was sitting very high up in the arena for F5 on Sunday.. The front of the tops were reading teal under the lights. Those sitting with me were in agreement. I'm sure that was not the intention as it was not Top Guns intention to have the girls tops falling. The type of lighting used will always change how a color actually reads to the eye. Minutes later in the hallway I saw them up close. They are beautiful and the blue appeared consistent throughout the uniform. I guess the lesson here is look at uniform fabrics under all types of lighting before the final version goes into production. And Top Gun should have went full out a few times in the uniform to catch the malfunctions.

i love our i5's new uniforms!!! all the girls pull it off and they look so good in them !!! i dont know what everyone is freaking about. it's cheerleading... everyone needs to relax. TG is always know to be different.. and just watch.. next season some other teams are going to be trying to do the same things. stop calling us "trashy" and "slutty".
unnessecery.

i love our i5's new uniforms!!! all the girls pull it off and they look so good in them !!! i dont know what everyone is freaking about. it's cheerleading... everyone needs to relax. TG is always know to be different.. and just watch.. next season some other teams are going to be trying to do the same things. stop calling us "trashy" and "slutty".
unnessecery.
Again, no one referred to the girls wearing the uniforms as "trashy" or "slutty". In fact all the comments were positive about the girls themselves, saying the loved the team and the girls had incredible bodies.

(picture of cleavage not necessary)

It's always been a belief of mine that cleavage should never show in cheerleading uniforms. I've said that for years. No one can take this sport seriously while people are competing at such high levels with cleaving hanging out. No other sport does it, and cheerleading shouldn't either. While I understand not ever girls uniform looked like this, it could have been avoided entirely by having a different cut uniform. As far as your comment about other teams doing this, I kind of hope this is one trend that does not catch on. For the sake of the sport.

But, maybe Top Gun did just want people to talk about them, and maybe they do not share my name beliefs as far as cleavage in a uniform, that is perfectly fine. But this is an message board that thrives off opinions and everyone is free to give their own. (Obviously without name calling or being rude). In my opinion I don't really like it and I don't see how it is practical at all. I would absolutely not be comfortable competing in that (but then again...I'm uncomfortable in a normal crop top. haha) and I don't think my mom would want me wearing that either. And I'm 20. All of this being said, I love this team and I am SO happy they finally got the paid bid the deserve.

I still stand by the idea that if it was a normal cut crop top with maybe some arm cut ours or something (maybe like what the guys have) I would love it.

PS: the new California bows are INCREDIBLE!

No, its not Its just something you like snap on around your neck. Its not connected to the uniform in anyway.

Hmmm couldn't that be seen as a safety deduction? Similar to a hair tie on the wrist, etc..?

Also in regards to the TG i5 uni, I just think they were too small the whole routine the girls were having to adjust themselves to make sure nothing popped out! I like the uni but I think the sizing was just off. A sm sr team at NCA last year had a similar problem with sizing and got a deduction for it, they wore their old uniforms day 2 lol

I don't get where the 'hatred' is coming from either? For me personally, just 'cause it's not my favorite uni (and I've said so, granted again, I can't remember what F5's Day 1 uni looks like), doesn't mean it's in a 'RAWR OMG F5 IS THE DAUGHTER OF THE DEVIL SQUISH YOU EVIL THING DIE!' It's just a matter of opinion, take it or leave it. (And for the record, in some pictures it reads aqua/teal, and in some it's reading blue. Kinda cool, but weird when it reads teal. My brain refuses to accept it. ^_^

With a couple of these new uniforms, I think we are coming to an impasse: What are we willing to sacrifice to be considered a 'sport,' and at what point do we decide that we are not willing to change. Unfortunately, I don't think we can have things both ways and as much as uniforms DON'T matter all that much to me, I think it may ultimately be that little thing that divides us.

In regards to iO5, I'm not a fan of the uniforms cut. I'm not. That's not to say I wouldn't be comfortable in it (because heck, my vball shorts were tiny and some of the most comfy things I own): I'm comfortable walking around stark naked. That being said, it ties into my point above ^. Again, I have nothing against the girls/guys/coaches/talented program/excellent athletes/etc. Whatever you think it says about being 'stuffy' (the polite way to insinuate what some are saying about it's detractors), maybe. There are things I say up here that a Southern mom might beat me for. But consider this: if it's one group of people and everyone else disagrees, maybe there is something to consider in the other opinion. Nobody agrees all the time, but that doesn't always mean both sides are right. And not everybody is always ready for some grand 'revolution.'

The cleavage pic got removed as "not necessary"...but NOT the lingerie football pic???

I should clarify that I wasn't saying the lingerie football pic should be taken down because it is
biggrin.png

I just don't understand the problem with the TG pic. The girl's face isn't in it, and since everyone on the TG side of the fence is claiming that we're all too stuffy and the uni is "in good taste" and that it is basically stylistic genius...why take down the photo? I think the photo definitely made the point the poster was trying to make--that perhaps the uni isn't quite as tasteful as it could be. Logic would say that your answer will be that there are kids on here and it's not appropriate to post cleavage shots on here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If the cleavage isn't appropriate for the BOARDS, is it really appropriate for a competition???

Back