Trying To Raise Money For Next Cheer Season....any Idea??!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 29, 2014
So this upcoming cheer season I will be 18 so the only team I can be on is our IOC 5 team. I have the skills needed to be on the team but its a lot more money than I'm used to paying. And I can't get a job because cheer practice will take up ALL of my time. If you have any idea of how to raise/make money so I can cheer please let me know!!!! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So this upcoming cheer season I will be 18 so the only team I can be on is our IOC 5 team. I have the skills needed to be on the team but its a lot more money than I'm used to paying. And I can't get a job because cheer practice will take up ALL of my time. If you have any idea of how to raise/make money so I can cheer please let me know!!!! :)

Car wash? Bbq? bake sale?

Babysitting, transporting athletes to/from the gym, personal 50/50 raffle.

Thanks for these great ideas guys! However, I don't have a license and competition season is over...

Talk with your gym/team, there must be some people in the same position as you, maybe put together a fundraising/booster club. I know you said cheer would take up all of your time but maybe look into coaching a youth/level 1 team this season?

Once you have a team formed ask your gym if you can have a auction for "services" within the gym. My daughters io5 team auctioned off, make up and hair at a comp, tutoring, baking by a member who attends culinary school, 2 hours of "man power" for garage cleaning, landscaping, moving etc, a photo session by one who does photography, privates for those who coach, vacation house rental of a family's house etc. it raised a lot of $

maybe ask your gym if you can be put on a payment schedule type of thing. Then you can may in increments instead of all at once with things. I know most gyms has monthly tuition so then instead of paying one large sum of money at the start of the month, you could break it down into a smaller amount each week or two weeks. I know that doesn't really solve the problem of making money, but I could help budget a little bit.

Take a look at our Fundraisers that we offer . AIRBAC - The Solution to a Heavy Backpack or call us .

Oops scratch my original post thought you needed fundraising ideas for your team not you- something that I recently started is selling my gently used clothes that I no longer wear on Vinted.com. There's also Threadflip and Poshmark. I've made over $200 already, you should check it out, could be a perfect option for you!

Last edited:
I think you should come up with some fun cheer activities that you could do for birthday parties post that in the gym. My CP when 5 had one of her junior coach come and teach the girls an easy routine and jumps. The girls loved it and I paid her. Another idea is offering privates if the coaches are okay with it. You could also work with a couple of other girls from the gym and create a mini camp - if someone has a big enough yard and house not far from the gym. Without mats etc you'd have to stay pretty basic level 1 stuff but you could really get creative with it. Get creative brainstorm with some of the others on the team and talk to the owner - maybe junior coach a team and get a discount.

Back