All-Star Tryouts And Financial Agreements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Concessions! Century Link pays $85 a game for Sounders (for our booster's contract, anyway) and I've been bringing my two boys (they are 18 and 21...you have to be 18+, I figure it covers their living expenses to help me out), so each game puts $255 in my account. Seahawks games can pay $150 (I'm not sure the base pay, but we get a percentage of beer sales, too)! Also I worked most of the concerts at Key Arena. The pay is less there, but it adds up. I don't have a real job, so I have time to spare. I know NV and SE have boosters that work concessions, too.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Wow, that's awesome. We just set up a booster club and have started to talk with them about setting up working those games but I didn't realize it made that much money!

On a totally not even closely related side note - You just retweeted me :p my identity is starting to be revealed! LOL

ETA: Assuming you have the same twitter name as your FB name!
I do and yes I did! Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Wow, that's awesome. We just set up a booster club and have started to talk with them about setting up working those games but I didn't realize it made that much money!

I don't know if she was exaggerating (I'm going to guess not), but the person in charge of the fundraising said that our group brings in well over $100,000 a year (I heard her say $200,000 once also, but that seems like an exaggerated number). It's been around for a while, and they are mostly gymnastics parents...who pay much more than the cheer parents at our gym. They take fundraising very seriously. So, yes, you guys need to get on board!

We've worked professional sports, concerts, and BIG10 football concessions too and get a % of sales. We usually make $60-65 and the shifts range from 6-10 hrs depending on the event. ONE time we made $80, but it was almost a 12 hr day Some people say they make $130 a night, but I must have bad luck because I've never made that much.

It’s disappointing on both ends if a gym selects a small junior 3 team based on the girls that tryout then 3 flyers never return and the gym then has to reconfigure the teams.

It's been my experience that the teams are reconfigured after the initial placements and acceptances even without there being drop out athletes.

Concessions! Century Link pays $85 a game for Sounders (for our booster's contract, anyway) and I've been bringing my two boys (they are 18 and 21...you have to be 18+, I figure it covers their living expenses to help me out), so each game puts $255 in my account. Seahawks games can pay $150 (I'm not sure the base pay, but we get a percentage of beer sales, too)! Also I worked most of the concerts at Key Arena. The pay is less there, but it adds up. I don't have a real job, so I have time to spare. I know NV and SE have boosters that work concessions, too.

I want to do that. We have nothing of the sort around here. Is it too much to ask the gym and the athletes 300 families to relocate so I can fundraise? If I did relocate I could at least see my family regularly since they'd be nearby.

Some thoughts on "cheer is expensive" from the coaching end.

You have no idea how many parents I see saying that when their child has:

1. Pro shop items from the top 10 teams in every Worlds division.

2. Enough Fierce Bows to wear a different one every practice for an entire season.

3. Pros in 27 different colors.

4. Bags full of shirts, blankets, goodies from every major comp we attend.

5.Starbucks before and after every practice.

Even more funny, you're haggling over my private rate and your kid has all of the above.

Cheer is not cheap but there are easy ways to cut costs. Such as knowing what is needed vs. what your kid just wants.

Amen I have just joined a gym near my home town in the uk. They are extremly resonable and since I joined late I dont get the 2 t-shirts inlcuded in tuition as they add it up over the entire year. Instead they asked me knowing im a university student if i wanted to purpchase one and they understand if I dont buy one. I dont have much practice wear as we dont have set practice clothes but preferred especially at uni to be either team top or a comp tshirt. Next comp im going to start to build up slowly my collection so I have more practice wear and have to keep washing it most days as I train 3 consecutive days a week.

Amen I have just joined a gym near my home town in the uk. They are extremly resonable and since I joined late I dont get the 2 t-shirts inlcuded in tuition as they add it up over the entire year. Instead they asked me knowing im a university student if i wanted to purpchase one and they understand if I dont buy one. I dont have much practice wear as we dont have set practice clothes but preferred especially at uni to be either team top or a comp tshirt. Next comp im going to start to build up slowly my collection so I have more practice wear and have to keep washing it most days as I train 3 consecutive days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back