All-Star Tryouts And Financial Agreements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My child's tuition is $145 and includes (I think) six hours of tumbling in addition to practices (no additional fee for crossovers, half price for 2nd athlete in a family, free for 3rd). It's a little more complicated this season because it's $135 until September and then raises to $145 for level 3/4/5.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Does anyone else thing 400 dollars is excessive for choreography? Its been awhile since I was an athlete but if I remember right ours was maybe 150-200 a person max?

Yea it does, that would be $8,000 for a small team and a lot more for a large team. I know sometimes that includes music, but the most I've seen for that is like $1000-1200 for a team, which still leaves a lot of money for choreo.

The total for the season at the gym I coach at is just under $2,800. It includes:

4 Hours of Cheer Per Week
1 Hour of Tumbling Per Week
Practice Uniforms
Team Jacket
Coaches Fees
9 Competitions
Make Up
Registration Fees
Choreography
Music
Insurance
Uniform
Hair Bow
1⁄2 hour of weekly conditioning with a professional trainer-June-October

I'm pretty sure we're not doing any travel competitions this year. We're in the Chicago suburbs so there's no shortage of competition. The only additional fee (excluding the costs of gas, food, admissions, etc) would be a tumbling class if your child is not meeting the minimum requirements for their team. It's not required for the kids to tumble at our gym for their additional tumbling unless we do not see any noticeable improvement by the end of the summer, so you can tumble wherever's cheapest/closest to you as long as you're progressing. However, privates and semi privates are very, very popular at our gym.

Just for tuition. Everything else we are charged what it costs (uniform, coach travel, etc.)

There's also the "hand me down" factor that saves money, too.

Ex: Big Sister's Nfinities are magically too small 2 months after they're purchased because she's growing? Here you go.

The variability of tuition is astounding to me. Right now I am paying $180/month for tuition for four teams (2 kids x 2 teams) including weekly tumbling.
I wish.

I realize All Star Cheer is an expensive sport. And I know gym owners/coaches aren't getting rich by any means. But, I'm glad to hear that there are gyms out there where it's not cost prohibitive to participate in this sport. When we started cheer nine years ago we joined a rec. team and it was $5 a week. I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. But, there is no stopping it now. It's like a runaway train.

Our program is so cheap, comparatively.
Tuition: $85/month
Uniforms: $200 at the most
Cheer shoes: separate, so parents can get for as cheap as $30-$50
Music: $30 each
Makeup: $15
Bows: $27
Comp fees: $400
We may do practice wear this year for our senior team, but it'll only be $50-$65 more

Our choreography is from big name choreographers and includes music from one of the most popular music ppl in the biz as well and pays their air fare and hotel for the choreographer.

I guess that's why it's so expensive:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My monthly tuition is $199 and that includes nothing except practice and one tumbling class per week. The monthly tuition is the least of my expenses for cheer. I don't want to add it all up but in all, cheer probably cost me $8,000-$9,000 last year.

Ours was about the same. For one child. I had 2 cheering. The 2nd was a little cheaper (one team, lower level, and sibling discount. But together, for 2 kids on 3 teams, if you added all costs I'd say about $15,000.

I laugh at irish dance. So far they got nothing on cheer.

I work at a dance studio. When the moms complain about costs I just can't. Like... they have no idea.

My son is in soccer. Very few of the moms know I coach cheer (it just never comes up.)

It's funny to overhear "I just can't believe that this (soccer) season went up to ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Can you believe that Karen?"

Or

"So I researched football cheer for my daughter, do you know that they want $25o?! Ohmygod! Who has THAT kind of money just for cheer?"

Oh honey.

I laugh at irish dance. So far they got nothing on cheer.

I work at a dance studio. When the moms complain about costs I just can't. Like... they have no idea.

I'm the same way with drill team. Parents are flipping about comp fees, costume fees, boot prices... I'm over here like "someone take my check quick before they realize how cheap this is compared to AS". I get lots of dirty looks.

Back