Tuck Drills?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Old fashion RAPID FIRE sit ups are good, because they get the abs, and the legs where they need it. See how many you can do in a min. If you can do more than 50 then you should be pretty strong. You also need tremendous strength in your ability to throw your arms up in the air. DO HANDSTAND CRAWLS against the wall, I gave you a picture, go up and down 5 to 100 times until strong.
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1367985066.002568.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

When I was trying to get my standing tuck I just did them off a panel mat until I could land ten in a row and then I would go to the next level of panel and the next and the next until I was down to one panel and then I would just do them on the floor. It took alot of busting and alot of skinned up knees but eventually I got it... That's pretty much how I got all of my tumbling since I was majority self taught up to when I was trying to reach myself a full. Like I would pick a skill and I would watch someone else do it (either in the gym or on YouTube) and then I would just go in the gym and try it and throw it until I could land it.

Get a 30cm crash mat stand a wedge/cheese up on it (angle side closest to edge of mat) put a low box/panel mat behind it. Stand in front with back to wedge. Jump/set up keeping the arms up lift the hips and knees overhead to the hands and roll out. This drill essentially has you do a standing tuck in a safe manner by yourself and is great because if you try to lead with your head and shoulders instead of setting up and initiating rotation with the hips then you will not push the wedge over and roll out you will land back on your feet or on your bottom and you feel your head chuck back into the wedge.

Back