Tuck X-out

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2013
Any words of wisdom on how to do an x-out during a tuck (tumbling, not in a basket). One of my passes has just changed direction, and I'm thinking an x-out might look nicer if I can do it well. But I've never heard of any tips or drills for learning. I've just seen ex-gymnasts throw them

Any words of wisdom on how to do an x-out during a tuck (tumbling, not in a basket). One of my passes has just changed direction, and I'm thinking an x-out might look nicer if I can do it well. But I've never heard of any tips or drills for learning. I've just seen ex-gymnasts throw them
X outs look the best when completely outstretched in the upsidedown position. Its best to master a back tuck the proper way, with your body rotating over your shoulder axle, also you must master a layout in the same manner. Now with the X-out you must set up your take off with the same force in your hips as you would in a layout. After proper takeoff, pull the knees and stomach for the tuck and immediately open up for the X. If the take off has enough hip lift like as in a layout, then you should have enough inertia to land properly. (don't forget to keep your chest rotating) You can always do it the easier, less beautiful way by ignoring the layout and pike down your landings.

Back