tumbling mental block

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i currently have a mental block because for the past 5 years i have been battling with BOTH my knees being injured its like i cant perform my skills by myself at practice. i have a ro-bhs-full, hs-hs-full, hs-full and a standing full but my coaches took me out of those tumbling spots because i havent been doing them, i am also a crossover and i tumble alot on the other team. i cant do my skills in practice by myself unless i have a spot but when i perform on the competition mat i DO my skills! idk what it is tho..i really wanna get my lvl 5 skills put back in the routine to relieve my other teammates from tumbling sooo much. idk how to clear this block.

I am been going through many mental blocks for 2-3 years. I should be at a more advanced tumble level but this back handspring is holding. me back. I would get it 6 weeks before tryouts in April and then go through the summer with then and then lose it in September. It has been a real yoyo effect. I love to cheer but this is holding me back. I have been threatened so many times but i think all it comes down to is to believe in yourself and trust yourself. And if that fails, make yourself do it.

all you have to do is never doubt your ability. i always think that im a feaking awesome tumbler and i never bust. the only thing you have to remeber is to never bail! thats the only way you get hurt. if your gonna go for something do it all the way. its better to land on your knees than on your neck!!

Goals, goals, goals! Type of a list of goals and about how long you want to take to get it! Look at it everyday. It really helped my daughter. She says it feels so good when you get to cross one out! She's still reaching a few of hers. But seriously it helped!

my friend had a mental block for like 2 years and wouldn't throw even a backhandspring. She recently got hers back and as soon as she would throw it by herself, all of her back handspring skills (ex. bhs step out robhs, robhs, robhs series, ect) all came back within 2 weeks. I was trying to help her get over it since like the summer. She got those confidence tape you can listen to, she also made a journal where she wrote down her goals and acomplishments (i did this too & it helps you see what you've acomplished everyday and it really helps with your confidence, even if your goal for a day it to just try one on the floor your next day can be throwing to by yourself on the floor.) she also used the debbie love advice. She had a box where all of her friends and herself could reflect and say nice things about how awesome her tumbling was (because she had a full before her block and she wouldn't throw a bhs) That also helped boost her confidence! Lastly, since she's young, one night she was in a private and she had her block at the time and she wouldnt throw her bhs on tumble track so my mom said, hey! if you throw your bhs on the tumble track i'll get you ice cream on the way home! & since she really wanted ice cream she threw it and its consistant on there still. then another day my mom was like soo what would would you like if you throw your bhs? and she said an elephant pillow pet! i want one to take to cheersport with me! and sure enough, she threw her bhs by herself on the floor and she still has it now. her new goal is to get her tuck before worlds & if she does that she can bring a friend to worlds with her cause she wanted to bring a friend. haha i hope this helped! :)

i have the same exact problem. except i can only throw standing bhs and tucks but i wont even do my roundolph bhs.
You do know its a round off right? haha but you aren't the only one i've seen write it as roundolph.

been there done that a million times. honestly the thing that gets me through it is just telling myself i CAN do it, visualize it, and dont think about it until i actually have to do it. when i think about it thats when i get the most freaked out. start from the beginning do a cartwheel by yourself. then a roundoff. then a backhandspring, and so on and so on just so you almost re teach yourself how to do it. believe in yourself that you can do it and you will be able to !

Back