High School Uca Bluegrass Regionals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did Dunbar have a bad day or something? I see they finished 3rd. I really want them to come back and retain their legacy.

Definitely not their best performance. I just watched it in passing, as we were in medium varsity instead of large this year. I'm looking forward to nationals, my girls were butt hurt about their placing and have come in to practice with a new attitude.

Did Dunbar have a bad day or something? I see they finished 3rd. I really want them to come back and retain their legacy.
I watched them on the live stream. I remembered it being a mess, so I just went back and re-watched. One major fall in the elites. Big struggles in both pyramids. Overall just sloppy. You can tell it's been watered down for regionals, but the stunt difficulty just isn't there yet. Hopefully they bring it at nationals because I'm a long time Dunbar fan!

Some great teams in attendance for sure. Is there more specific information you're looking for?
1) How did your teams do, and what was their experience like? 2) Who did you guys see (as far as big names go)?

I watched them on the live stream. I remembered it being a mess, so I just went back and re-watched. One major fall in the elites. Big struggles in both pyramids. Overall just sloppy. You can tell it's been watered down for regionals, but the stunt difficulty just isn't there yet. Hopefully they bring it at nationals because I'm a long time Dunbar fan!
Arrrrgggh. I'm so frustrated for them. I just hope they hit at state.

1) How did your teams do, and what was their experience like? 2) Who did you guys see (as far as big names go)?

Arrrrgggh. I'm so frustrated for them. I just hope they hit at state.

We were in the mix in both divisions. One of my teams just absolutely KILLED it. They are made up of 1 junior and 15 sophomores/freshmen so they just didn't have the difficulty to match up with the teams who finished ahead of them. Their performance scores were higher than any other team in either of our divisions though.

Because of the schedule, the older bunch got off the bus and ended up sitting around half a day. By the time they got on stage, they looked sluggish compared to our KHSAA Regional a week before. I guess you could say one of my teams peaked at one competition and the other peaked at the other.

I'm not sure what their experience personally was like. I'm of the mind set that we show up to compete, hardcore, and any of the frills of the competition are just that, frills.

Why Dunbar.... why ! :(
I am the opposite of superstitious but I'm thinking that it might be time to bust out the old uniforms. It feels like a curse.

Also weird that the jello prophecy doesn't really apply at nationals anymore, since Greenup is now division II and PLD's rival (Hunterdon Central) also has red and black as their colors.

I am the opposite of superstitious but I'm thinking that it might be time to bust out the old uniforms. It feels like a curse.

Also weird that the jello prophecy doesn't really apply at nationals anymore, since Greenup is now division II and PLD's rival (Hunterdon Central) also has red and black as their colors.

What in the world is the jello prophecy?

I'm not sure what Greenup is doing. They competed in large varsity at one UCA regional, medium varsity in another UCA regional, and now are competing in large varsity at KHSAA state this weekend. Is that Greenup's M.O.? Get two nationals bids so you have some flexibility if someone gets injured or quits?

What in the world is the jello prophecy?

I'm not sure what Greenup is doing. They competed in large varsity at one UCA regional, medium varsity in another UCA regional, and now are competing in large varsity at KHSAA state this weekend. Is that Greenup's M.O.? Get two nationals bids so you have some flexibility if someone gets injured or quits?

Back when Dunbar had their show on lifetime, they had a thing where if the jello served in the Disney resturwunt was green, greenup would win the division and if it was red Dunbar would win it.

And on Dunbar I do agree that the new uniforms might be cursed.

Back