All-Star Uca Updates (day 2)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

UCA as a whole was a pretty enjoyable competition. It was my first time attending and although my team was upset because we only lost by like .3 to Cali Code 3, it was overall a fun weekend. I wanted to give a shoutout to Vegas Cheer Authority. Their senior coed 3 kids were some of the nicest people I have talked to at a cheer comp. Even though we were competing against them, they supported us and cheered us up at awards when we didn't win. They made awards so much more enjoyable for my team! Great sportsmanship!

Alright, let's discuss Disney.
I thought the competition was pretty great. For everything you pay, you seem to get a lot. My parents and kids had a BLAST. The logistics that must go into this are crazy to me, because there were a TON of crossovers and different venues in completely different places. They had a special shuttle just for coaches and crossovers, and when they fell behind and our crossovers missed their warm up and performance, they were super nice and allowed us to push back. I thought it was expensive, but I think people got their money's worth. Most of my kids went to the parks at least 3 times, and I think they all got the fun Disney experience. Disney has top notch service in everything. I would recommend going to anyone because it really was fun!

The other thing I didn't like was this-I have never in my life met so many rude people ever. It blows my mind how mean cheerleaders and parents can be. Making fun of our dances, talking crap about our accents, it's unreal.... A team that was in 10th out of 11 was just downright nasty to us and laughing at us. They finished 11th out of 11. Where are all the nice gyms at?! Even our parents were like "is it because we are a small gym?" We met one set of coaches that were amazing (River City), and I felt like everyone else was trying out to be the next cast of Mean Girls. Am I imagining this? I really hope I am and it was just us, but it was not just one or two people. It was over and over again, and it started at the airport and never stopped.

My only other complaint-scoring. I might cry if I discuss it, but I'm waiting for videos first... :(

My only other complaint-scoring. I might cry if I discuss it, but I'm waiting for videos first... :(

I'll cry with you!

Honestly, as a parent I thought it was fine. Not great. Not bad. Just fine. My only serious complaints are that Hollywood studios was not prepared to let parents and athletes in before the park opened even though warmups were set to start an hour before opening and the lack of pictures available. If you're going to actively stop patents from taking pictures then have good pictures available for purchase. We only had a photographer on day one and s/he had NOTHING except for the kids in the center. Grr...

I thought the competition was pretty great. For everything you pay, you seem to get a lot. My parents and kids had a BLAST. The logistics that must go into this are crazy to me, because there were a TON of crossovers and different venues in completely different places. They had a special shuttle just for coaches and crossovers, and when they fell behind and our crossovers missed their warm up and performance, they were super nice and allowed us to push back. I thought it was expensive, but I think people got their money's worth. Most of my kids went to the parks at least 3 times, and I think they all got the fun Disney experience. Disney has top notch service in everything. I would recommend going to anyone because it really was fun!

The other thing I didn't like was this-I have never in my life met so many rude people ever. It blows my mind how mean cheerleaders and parents can be. Making fun of our dances, talking crap about our accents, it's unreal.... A team that was in 10th out of 11 was just downright nasty to us and laughing at us. They finished 11th out of 11. Where are all the nice gyms at?! Even our parents were like "is it because we are a small gym?" We met one set of coaches that were amazing (River City), and I felt like everyone else was trying out to be the next cast of Mean Girls. Am I imagining this? I really hope I am and it was just us, but it was not just one or two people. It was over and over again, and it started at the airport and never stopped.

We are from a small gym and I have to say we met some really nice parents and athletes & some really not nice ones too. We met some from Nebraska that were so nice to my 9 year old CP. We were in line for the Tower of Terror last night and they were talking to her helping her to not be scared. CP said several of the J3 teams were playing some game together after warm ups. She specifically mentioned USA Wildcats being so nice coach12. Also saw NEliteSteven but his team was practicing on the green at WWoS so I didn't want to interrupt him. CP loved seeing Smoed coach too!

Pro Cheer has been large coed 5 since the early 2000s and haven't changed divisions since.
I mean, that I'm acutely aware of. But I don't really remember seeing them much this year..at all. Maybe they have been and they're not getting much chatter, but it definitely surprised me to know they were actually still in the division.

I'll cry with you!

Honestly, as a parent I thought it was fine. Not great. Not bad. Just fine. My only serious complaints are that Hollywood studios was not prepared to let parents and athletes in before the park opened even though warmups were set to start an hour before opening and the lack of pictures available. If you're going to actively stop patents from taking pictures then have good pictures available for purchase. We only had a photographer on day one and s/he had NOTHING except for the kids in the center. Grr...
Yes the photographer in hollywood studios was bad! They took a picture of a hair piece that fell out of one of the kid's hair. Just the hair piece. Not one kid's arm or leg or anything was in the picture.

:( sorry you had to deal with such bad sportsmanship. We saw several bad apples at UCA as well but for the most part people were nice. I would've cheered you all on (fellow Kentucky team!) but I didn't see you all all weekend!

We are from a small gym and I have to say we met some really nice parents and athletes & some really not nice ones too. We met some from Nebraska that were so nice to my 9 year old CP. We were in line for the Tower of Terror last night and they were talking to her helping her to not be scared. CP said several of the J3 teams were playing some game together after warm ups. She specifically mentioned USA Wildcats being so nice coach12. Also saw NEliteSteven but his team was practicing on the green at WWoS so I didn't want to interrupt him. CP loved seeing Smoed coach too!
Lol I saw Eddie (smoed's coach) backstage in warmups since his team was competing against mine and I said good luck and he said thank you and I was kind of fangirling not gonna lie...

Totally wish you would have said Hi! I had such a great time meeting so many great people this weekend. And like you said, there were some not so nice ones with terrible sportsmanship but that was far and few between for me personally. I also got to meet coach12 and their staff were incredibly nice and I'm thankful we had our divisions split up so we could each get our jackets! :)

We had parents in our division sitting behind our parents at awards going on and on about how our J4 was really a J5 just sandbagging for UCA.

Really? Cause you saw us in November and in January and we were J4 then (because we have been all season)...

...and if we were really a J5 sandbagging... You think we'd do better than third? Which we didn't.

Smh.

Y'all missed the kitty lover meeting this weekend!!! :)
u2y2utas.jpg

Back