OT Uganda Set To Pass Kill The Gays Bill

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If your not perfect who are you to judge and criticize the way someone lives their life.

Once again, thats not what i said. I'm not judging. I'm calling to light what God calls sin. That's between you and God. God commands that homosexuality is a sin. We are Christ's disciples. If a brother or sister is in sin, Christians are called to point others to Christ. That's not judging. That's love for one another just as Christ commands in John 13:34,35. :)

Once again, thats not what i said. I'm not judging. I'm calling to light what God calls sin. That's between you and God. God commands that homosexuality is a sin. We are Christ's disciples. If a brother or sister is in sin, Christians are called to point others to Christ. That's not judging. That's love for one another just as Christ commands in John 13:34,35. :)

I hope that nothing ever happens to you and that you have a fantastic year...

You just...
I could...
I....
Really?...
Like....
I mean....
I'm rarely speechless but honey you took me there.
All I know is being gay feels way too damn good to be a sin.

That's the allure of sin. That's WHY it feels good bc we feel in control and nobody can tell us what to do. Nobody's our master. Nobody can tell me how to live my life. But, unfortunately, that's rebellion from God and that's sin. That's why sin feels so good.

Wow......I am Christian and absolutely adore all my gay friends. You guys are the best friends I could have ever asked for. I know I can go to my gay best friend and never be judged for anything like my other friends. I completely stand up for you guys and believe that there are things in the bible that are no longer modern. Most of which have already been mentioned in this thread. Even if you think it's wrong, they still have rights and should still be free. This is America. The bible talked about slaves obeying their masters but you don't see us having slaves anymore. They are all free and have rights and so should gays! Love you all!

Me basically every time I run into a ignorant religious person..

if-god-hates-gays-why-are-we-so-cute.jpg

Wow......I am Christian and absolutely adore all my gay friends. You guys are the best friends I could have ever asked for. I know I can go to my gay best friend and never be judged for anything like my other friends. I completely stand up for you guys and believe that there are things in the bible that are no longer modern. Most of which have already been mentioned in this thread. Even if you think it's wrong, they still have rights and should still be free. This is America. The bible talked about slaves obeying their masters but you don't see us having slaves anymore. They are all free and have rights and so should gays! Love you all!

So, basically what you're saying is that, in the name of equality and toleration, you, as a Christian, should hold the laws of man higher than God, and discard God's laws and commands for what sin is and what separates us from a relationship with Jesus? Is that what you're saying?!

Me basically every time I run into a ignorant religious person..

if-god-hates-gays-why-are-we-so-cute.jpg

The sign couldn't be further from the truth. God DOESN'T hate gays. God despises sin. The act of sin. The human sin-nature. Anybody who says God hates gays obviously doesn't understand scripture and is not a Christian. I'm sorry you've met ignorant religious people, for they aren't TRUE followers of Christ and true Christians. There is a difference in being religious and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

That's the allure of sin. That's WHY it feels good bc we feel in control and nobody can tell us what to do. Nobody's our master. Nobody can tell me how to live my life. But, unfortunately, that's rebellion from God and that's sin. That's why sin feels so good.

I read this, and swore up and down I wouldn't get into this...

But if being gay is a sin, yet YOU also sin, then I don't think you have any business telling someone their sins are worse than yours or what they can and cannot do. Everyone should be able to live their life, whether you agree with it or not. Would this be different if they were calling for all Christians to be killed? Because being Christian is your choice, much like being gay is theirs (and I use the word "choice" very delicately).

So, basically what you're saying is that, in the name of equality and toleration, you, as a Christian, should hold the laws of man higher than God, and discard God's laws and commands for what sin is and what separates us from a relationship with Jesus? Is that what you're saying?!
Just because you believe one thing doesn't mean we all do. Christian is a very broad term. No amount of arguing is going to change my mind. I guess the thing I will leave you with is that I think it's great that you believe so strongly in something but not everyone is going to have to believe the same thing. Whose to say who is right?

I tried to leave it alone but, I'm sorry, I can't. Fiercebaby15 you keep stating you're a sinner, however, you do not acknowledge how YOUR sin separates you from Christ. Why do you feel that homosexuality is any worse than the sins you commit daily in your thoughts and actions? I haven't found the Sin-o-meter in the bible you seem to be using that states it is a worse sin than let's say....pride and self righteousness.

Christ did not come to condemn the world He came to save it. He did not call on us to judge one another, He called on us to love one another. Who knows Uganda may decide to come after the self righteous next. Hmmm?

I read this, and swore up and down I wouldn't get into this...

But if being gay is a sin, yet YOU also sin, then I don't think you have any business telling someone their sins are worse than yours or what they can and cannot do. Everyone should be able to live their life, whether you agree with it or not. Would this be different if they were calling for all Christians to be killed? Because being Christian is your choice, much like being gay is theirs (and I use the word "choice" very delicately).

Yes, we all sin, for we are born with the nature TO sin. As a Christian, you are called to rebuke that old self, and strive everyday to be like Christ. Along with that, we are called as witnesses of Christ, to he his ambassadors and to proclaim the truth of scripture. And that means preaching that homosexuality is wrong. It's not bigoted. It's not hating. It's believing that Scripture is God's word and is truth. And Christians are killed for believing in God ALL around the world. So that's not anything new.

I tried to leave it alone but, I'm sorry, I can't. Fiercebaby15 you keep stating you're a sinner, however, you do not acknowledge how YOUR sin separates you from Christ. Why do you feel that homosexuality is any worse than the sins you commit daily in your thoughts and actions? I haven't found the Sin-o-meter in the bible you seem to be using that states it is a worse sin than let's say....pride and self righteousness.

Christ did not come to condemn the world He came to save it. He did not call on us to judge one another, He called on us to love one another. Who knows Uganda may decide to come after the self righteous next. Hmmm?

Yes. I live everyday in grace. I've never said it was the worst sin. It's just as bad as murder, pride, or pre-marital sex. But where do you draw the line of calling someone out who's living in sin and worrying about hurting someone's feelings. It's not judging, but caring about someone's spiritual health. Telling them what's right then praying God would radically change their life. :)

Latest posts

Back