All-Star Uh Oh....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well unless it's illegal, which I'm pretty sure it isn't. Or unless you're held at gun point to delete it off youtube, there's no need for anyone to delete the videos. "Respect" for a person isn't necessarily felt throughout every fan. Obviously whoever shared the tape in the first place had no respect for their coach/gym owner or whatever. No need to come on the boards and throw a pity party when the problem originated in-house...

If this was posted by a visitor watching practice at the gym it may actually be illegal. I'm not sure of the law in the US but I know in the UK it is illegal to video anyone without their consent and knowledge, or in the case of anyone under 18 their parents consent if they are on private property. You can wander round the streets, at public events or concerts etc and video the public if you have permission of the event organisers or whoever and video there but even then it is much safer to make sure faces aren't identifiable.
A video like the ones on this thread however could be taken to court here though as it was taken on private property without the consent or knowledge of the owner or people involved.

If this was posted by a visitor watching practice at the gym it may actually be illegal. I'm not sure of the law in the US but I know in the UK it is illegal to video anyone without their consent and knowledge, or in the case of anyone under 18 their parents consent if they are on private property. You can wander round the streets, at public events or concerts etc and video the public if you have permission of the event organisers or whoever and video there but even then it is much safer to make sure faces aren't identifiable.
A video like the ones on this thread however could be taken to court here though as it was taken on private property without the consent or knowledge of the owner or people involved.
I can guarantee you that will not happen, the Popes are WAY too busy to worry about that. Its a video, it got out, its gone now, end of story.

@yung.STAR I do agree and in situations like this there isn't much point in a lawsuit. I just wanted to make people aware that especially where young athletes are concerned these type of things can be illegal.

I think you can get in trouble for it here as well. I'm not 110% sure on this (so don't quote me), but my brain is buzzing with random thoughts and tidbits of consent waivers, reasons background are background ACTORS, rights to the use of your image, laws for minors etc. Again, I'd doubt they'd be taken to court for something this small, but I'm pretty sure it's a 'thing' here as well.

I think you can get in trouble for it here as well. I'm not 110% sure on this (so don't quote me), but my brain is buzzing with random thoughts and tidbits of consent waivers, reasons background are background ACTORS, rights to the use of your image, laws for minors etc. Again, I'd doubt they'd be taken to court for something this small, but I'm pretty sure it's a 'thing' here as well.
A person videoed in or from a public place doesn't need to give consent for that video to be published unless its for commercial use or puts them in a false list. Someone in a private place would need to consent to have their video published unless they are clearly allowing themselves to be videoed.

Youtube has stricter rules and allows people to have videos blocked even if they are legal.

If your gym is open for anyone to come in and watch, you have nothing to complain about. That's just my opinion. It would be nice to think that any video would be removed in the honor of someones request, but this is real life...situations don't always work out that way. And oh how I love the way people rush to the boards to see a new video of their favorite team, then turn around and complain because the video got posted. Really guys?..
The point is, the head coach of the team requested that the video stop being posted. Is it really that hard to honor her wishes? She's (and other coaches are) nice enough to let people watch practices. People who take advantage of it just don't seem to get it.

The point is, the head coach of the team requested that the video stop being posted. Is it really that hard to honor her wishes? She's (and other coaches are) nice enough to let people watch practices. People who take advantage of it just don't seem to get it.

If she doesn't want it posted on here, then she should ask youtube to remove the video due to copyright like other teams do. Instead of telling them to private the video make youtube take it down. Problem is, now the video is out and will be passed around behind the scenes, like every other video that walks out of that gym. Looks like it is time to stop allowing everyone to watch practice.

i dont understand why people care if a video is out there. dont worry about other teams. hit YOUR routine. stop worrying about others. all you can do is worry about yourself. a simple stunt sequence is not gonna make stars/f5 do something that is gonna win worlds that is in 7 months.

i dont understand why people care if a video is out there. dont worry about other teams. hit YOUR routine. stop worrying about others. all you can do is worry about yourself. a simple stunt sequence is not gonna make stars/f5 do something that is gonna win worlds that is in 7 months.
I think more of the concern is that they wanted to come out with a BANG at the showcase with something no one has ever seen. Now that everyone is able to see these videos, the surprise factor just won't really be there.

If i'm not mistaken, stars and f5 both have their stunts for this years routine. I also know that people from both gyms saw the older video about 1-2months ago

OK. I've been soooooo good. And so quiet. But you know I must say this. If it's that big of a concern and and they want to come out with a "BANG" at the showcase with something "no one has ever seen" then the obvious thing would be

STOP. Letting. random. strangers. into. your. gym. when you are working on said "something that no one has ever seen". It's so simple...if you don't want people to see it, stop letting people see it. Even on cheerparentsonline someone posted that he took his daughter to watch SE practice and the first thing that popped into my head was "Huh? Can just anyone waltz in there and watch? That seems odd. And it seems like a quick way to get your practice on youtube. Hmmm."

Do I think it's awesome to do that? Of course not. Legal? Probably not. Ethical/morally right? Definitely not. But surprising or sad? No way. You could have seen this coming from a mile away. (Hm...I feel like I say this a lot...)

I would actually love to know if this was a stranger filming or a parent/family member of an athlete. I have to agree with @Just-a-Mom , which I feel like I do a lot, that if you want to surprise people with something they have never seen then don't let people that are not on the team, coach a team, or are a parent of an athlete see this until showcase. I know that Courtney is very generous to the fans of CEA, but you can't always just give give give to the fans or things like this happen. If you are not connected to the team in a way that I posted above then you really have no need to be at their practice.

I still say that if this is that big of a deal to her then she could easily have it removed from youtube, which she hasn't.

I guess it is that hard since the video was posted more than once and the videos are still on YouTube, but set to private. My point is, no visitors watching practice, no video leaks.

Latest posts

Back