Uniform Trends 2016-17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 7, 2016
I know it's still very early in the season, but what kind of trends do you think we'l be seeing this upcoming season? And what trends do you think will die out?

I personally LOOOOOVE the look with half- tops and capri- leggings, but I know that a lot of people don't like it at all.

3d752945dbadd1fb46ae101edc78d7ed.jpg

I personally love the capris and half top [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping we see more thoughtfulness put into the design and functionality; that said, I'm predicting more mesh (Particularly side mesh on bottoms), crazy cut outs, and blinding amounts of rhinestones. Love to be proven wrong though.

Just saw the prototype of my daughter's new uniform yesterday. Mesh on the sleeves, and back cut to where the girls will have to wear those clear strap bras.

From what I have been told, CP' uniform will have mesh on the shoulders requiring clear straps. I haven't seen the prototype yet, but I am already working on how to modify an existing sports bra to accommodate the clear straps. She has one she is happy with we get from Academy that has regular bras straps rather than a racer back, so I plan on removing those straps and attaching elastic loops for the clear straps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping we see more thoughtfulness put into the design and functionality; that said, I'm predicting more mesh (Particularly side mesh on bottoms), crazy cut outs, and blinding amounts of rhinestones. Love to be proven wrong though.
Mesh on bottoms...? :0 I've seen it on leggings, perhaps on shorts, but can you find uniforms with mesh on skirts??? And if it's side mesh, is that like a panel of mesh? An if that's the case, what do you wear underneath??

Mesh on bottoms...? :0 I've seen it on leggings, perhaps on shorts, but can you find uniforms with mesh on skirts??? And if it's side mesh, is that like a panel of mesh? An if that's the case, what do you wear underneath??

I saw one this season with a mesh v in the side of the skirt. You could see spanks underneath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off the top of my head, UA has mesh on their skirts. I believe there are others but that's the first one I thought of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@cheer25mom & @cheernerd5678 beat me to it, but I can think of two I saw this past season. One at a local comp, the other on the boards. But with the rage of mesh in just plain ole athletic pants (including shorts) I've been seeing locally as of late, it appears to be a trend that just won't die.

I like the look of the capris, it's different and new (to me - well actually all of this is). My only worry - and maybe it's just me - but when I wear capris to the gym and do a hard workout - it's not pretty when I leave lol, need some airflow around there.

Back