High School Uniform Trends And Problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, you're making quite an assumption here -- that all cheerleaders do stunting. My squad does not. We only do sideline cheer at football and basketball games. And FYI, most cheerleaders in the 70's and 80's wore pantyhose with their uniforms, and it was never a problem. Perhaps there was far less stunting back then, I don't know. Without any stunting, everything that I mentioned that I prefer for cheer uniforms works just fine.

Besides, my boyfriend LOVES it when I wear nylons with my uniform! And I've never had any problem with that other stuff you mentioned. LOL

Most teams, all that I know around my area, do stunt so pantyhose would not be practical here. And yes they stunted in the 70's and 80's but they also did knee drops and 3 high's without any instruction or mats. To each their own I suppose!

Well, not to point out any in particular I loved cheer athletics panthers I believe 2011? uniform. Only thing that was odd was it looked like the panther was grabbing their chest and I didn't like the skort but I over think it's still one of my top favorite tummy mesh and all!

Well, not to point out any in particular I loved cheer athletics panthers I believe 2011? uniform. Only thing that was odd was it looked like the panther was grabbing their chest and I didn't like the skort but I over think it's still one of my top favorite tummy mesh and all!
Worlds 2013! I enjoyed that too if that panther had been less obnoxious and the skin colored mesh had matched their actual skin better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Worlds 2013! I enjoyed that too if that panther had been less obnoxious and the skin colored mesh had matched their actual skin better.

Ahhgree! I loved them yet there where some many things wrong with them. I could not get past the panther and his one paw stretched out. It weirded me out. And the skort! And yes some of the meshing was waaaay off. It was beautiful yet flawed in so many ways.

Ahhgree! I loved them yet there where some many things wrong with them. I could not get past the panther and his one paw stretched out. It weirded me out. And the skort! And yes some of the meshing was waaaay off. It was beautiful yet flawed in so many ways.
Definitely. The idea was great... The execution not so much!

The gold spankies always make me giggle. We had gold sparkle ones in high school! In the year book there was a pic of a girl tumbling so you could see her spankie problem is that the pic was printed in black and white so you know what it looked like she had under her skirt....yeah nothing!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Why when I started coaching at the school I coach at, the first thing I got rid of was the gold spanks.. for the exact reason.

What I love in my high school cheer uniform is how comfortable and simple it is! Sometimes when you see team trying too hard with rhinestones or glitter it just looks bad in the high school stage. Less is more!
What I don't like about my all star uniform is the mesh on the arms with rhinestones on it. Yes, it looks pretty but when you take it off after stunting you have scratches all the way up your arm from the rhinestones. It also rips easily and maybe that's a brand thing (I don't have a rebel uniform).

Well, you're making quite an assumption here -- that all cheerleaders do stunting. My squad does not. We only do sideline cheer at football and basketball games. And FYI, most cheerleaders in the 70's and 80's wore pantyhose with their uniforms, and it was never a problem. Perhaps there was far less stunting back then, I don't know. Without any stunting, everything that I mentioned that I prefer for cheer uniforms works just fine.

Besides, my boyfriend LOVES it when I wear nylons with my uniform! And I've never had any problem with that other stuff you mentioned. LOL

Just curious, what does your boyfriend loving your panty hose have anything to do with cheer? I don't understand your argument.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back