High School Uniforms & Fees

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
How do you guys handle uniform, camp and additional fees at the high school level? Do the schools supply the uniforms, do you rent them, do you pass them down, are they rented? Also what is the cost that goes towards the parents?

How do you guys handle uniform, camp and additional fees at the high school level? Do the schools supply the uniforms, do you rent them, do you pass them down, are they rented? Also what is the cost that goes towards the parents?

We buy new uniforms (and warmups) every two (or so) years. The cheerleaders are fitted and receive a custom made uniform, and they keep it, it isnt rented or given back to the program. And definitely not purchased by the school. I wish! We do not receive really any funding from the school so we fundraise for everything between camp clothes, camp, uniforms, mats, competition, bows, poms, bags, warmups etc ...this year our varsity accounts were about $1000 and JV was about $700 which this was a year where we bought new warms ups and uniforms...typically our accounts are that expensive. We do a lot of really great fundraisers and figure the numbers out before so that if a cheerleader does all the fundraisers they will have enough to pay off their account- if they dont put in the time then the fundraisers wont cover everything (if there is minimal effort) and if that is the case they are expected to do extra fundraisers or as a last resort their parents will have to put towards their account. They usually are pretty good about getting their money in because they cannot receive their stuff or cheer at games if they have not paid- for example, they had to have half their account paid off by September 1st in order to receive their uniform and cheer at the first football game. Same by Dec 1st for basketball season. But as far as parents go- we really dont want parents to have to pay their cheerleader's account so we try to offer as many good fundraising opportunities to our kids as we can- usually the ones who end up having to ask their parents to help pay are the ones who didnt put forth much effort in fundraising over the Summer.

Sorry that was so lengthy! Hope it all makes sense :) good luck!

Our school pays for the uniforms, we just borrow them. Only would have to pay if you ruin/lose a piece. Cheerleaders pay a fee at the beginning of the year ($40-60)that goes to boosters who in turn pay for comp fees and team t-shirts. Sneakers and bows are at the cost of the parents. This year however, with getting new uniforms, girls will have the option to purchase their own skirt since bloomers are attached and we usually have to buy our own bloomers.

Our boosters pay for a set of comp uniforms every 2 years, the school buys sideline uniforms every 6 years. The girls borrow them.

Sideline pays a registration fee of $150 to the school, comp girls pay the same fee, but it goes to the boosters. That pays for comp fees for the entire year and assistant coaching salaries.

They pay 15$ a month for tumbling if they don't take it somewhere else. That goes to the coaches who spot the girls. However, we strongly encourage girls to take tumbling classes at gymnastics gyms. Not everyone can afford that though, so we offer this as a cheaper option.

What ever the club raises on top of that helps pay for nationals, props, music, etc.

The school buys the uniforms, and for the first time this year, they also bought new poms (which the coach keeps), where in the past we bought them. We only pay for extras like wind-suit, t-shirts, hair bows, and our crop under our uniform. The uniforms are turned in at end of season and the following season we do a fitting-you can alter the uniform as long as it is not cut. We get new uniforms every 2-3 years. We have 3 fundraisers (50/50 raffles during football games) to raise money for comps (we only go to 2-3). All other funds needed to pay for comps or choreography camp comes from athletic department budget.

We buy new uniforms every year. We get zero money from our school. We have to pay for uniforms, tshirts & other things, camp, competitions, signs and other things. We usually raise but we still pay the leftover. We have to have $800 on top of all the other things for nationals. We also have won state the last two years so we've had to pay for rings which our first rings were $300 I'm not sure about the new ones.

Our school pays for our uniforms and we get them every 6 years. The girls just borrow them unless they lose or ruin a piece then they pay. This year our cheerleading account is buying competition uniforms for the girls. The school also buys our poms.

At the beginning of the season they have to pay a fee for practice wear, warm ups, bows, bodyliner, bloomers, sneakers, team sweats, bags, etc. Its a little costly your first year but we keep everything each year. The only thing that changes is the practice wear and occasionally a bow.

The girls have to pay $50 spirit fee to cover things like senior gifts, goodie bags before competitions, team dinners etc.
They pay $175 for UCA nationals in Florida and have to get $500 in business sponsorships. They also pay about $250 for tumbling for the year.

Well our high school paid for our uniforms but they are rented out every year for free and so are the warm ups that match it. The high school pays for nothing and they kicked s out of being a sport.

Parents pay for 2 pairs of bloomers, liner for the school owned uniform, another pair of warm ups, a whole new uniform that we keep, bows, poms, shoes, shoe laces, practice wear, stuff for special events, comp fees, tumbling, camp, mats, winter wear for football games, megs. So pretty much everything. We pay as we go.

We pay an 80$ rental fee for each our uniforms every year. This year we got a new uniform and we have fundraisers but they aren't good ones. Our parents have to pay out of pocket for our uniforms since none of the fundraisers have helped.. taken maybe 25$ off each girl... we do not get to keep them, and we also have to pay the rental fee for every year were cheering, even though we already paid for the uniforms.

We pay an 80$ rental fee for each our uniforms every year. This year we got a new uniform and we have fundraisers but they aren't good ones. Our parents have to pay out of pocket for our uniforms since none of the fundraisers have helped.. taken maybe 25$ off each girl... we do not get to keep them, and we also have to pay the rental fee for every year were cheering, even though we already paid for the uniforms.

This year we have also had to buy new warm ups, 3 bloomers, 2 poms, 5 bows, 3 practice outfits, a practice uniform, pom grips, new shoes, socks, a sweatshirt, Sweatpants, and now they want us to give them money for the headband that covers your ears when its cold (even though we only have 1 game left) and a crewneck sweatshirt. I think it added up to 800$ this year.

I don't understand how coaches can make their kids buy all of these things. Like I get it, you need certain things the first year... but after that, why not just keep those things the same? There is no reason that a team needs 5 bows. Judges do not judge on the number of outfit changes a team has. My worst fear is having a girl have to quit because she cannot pay for cheer. Hasn't happened yet, but i'm constantly trying to cut costs.

Our cheerleaders and families pay for everything. Each year we buy at least 1 new uniform and sometimes such as this year we buy 2 new uniforms. We pay around $1500 without the cost of competitions but that includes camp, 2 uniforms, camp clothes, shoes, warm-ups, bows, bloomers, jackets, back-packs, and practice at a separate gym that we have to pay for. The school pays for none of this but we have lots of fundraisers to lower the cost.

When I did school cheer, we bought everything ourselves and kept it all obviously :D And we did new stuff (uniforms, warm ups etc) each year. If I remember correctly, middle school cheer was around $500/800 a year (depending on if we did camp or anything) and high school between $1000-1400. We would just do fundraising (candy sales, car washes, etc.).

But the school district I was in has now eliminated junior high school cheerleading due to funds (other than insurance costs) not sure how cheerleading was a financial burden to them, unless they started funding everything for the teams since I was there (but I doubt that).

They are also planning on eliminating high school cheer uniforms in the district as well. They're already made it a no-tumble zone and I am afraid also a no-stunt district. :(

I was talking with a mom from my AS program, as CP is in 8th grade and try outs for HS are next week. She got a list of expenses from one of the cheer moms at the HS. Surprisingly, the fees are very close to our AS fees, and the HS team doesn't even compete. Yet another reason CP is sticking with AS :D

Back