High School Urgent Administration Problem!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That is unbelievable to me. Something is not right with this situation. Skip the principal and keep going up the chain.

Obviously the principal is afraid of this student.

**There can be only one**
Or her parents. This must be one of 'those' towns. Reminds me of the Fab 5 Texas Cheerleader Scandal.

Document everything. Were the parents brought in for the discussion with the AD? Have a meeting with the parents, AD, athlete and principal. Find out why she is allowed to have special allowances for her behavior. Make her an alternate. She will not be on the floor, but will be required to attend practices, etc. Make sure she conditions during practice to keep up her training. I would not want her on the floor for the safety of my other athletes.

Unfortunately this town is so not the type to have conferences it's a borderline inner city school, lots of drugs violence etc.

Half of my girls either live in huge $500,000 homes or in section 8 housing there is a strong economic divide within the town.

I'm baffled the school does not care about the respect these girls are lacking for themselves as well as others.

Thank you all for your input it has been so helpful!

Unfortunately this town is so not the type to have conferences it's a borderline inner city school, lots of drugs violence etc.

Half of my girls either live in huge $500,000 homes or in section 8 housing there is a strong economic divide within the town.

I'm baffled the school does not care about the respect these girls are lacking for themselves as well as others.

Sounds like a tough balance.

I have a suggestion that might help the principal see the fault in his ways.

1. ask for a meeting with the principal and someone you can trust(teacher, supervisor, board member) it's crucial to have a witness.
2. read the athletic contract to the principal. tell him that since he's decided that X athlete doesn't have to comply with this contract, they must come up with a new one.
3. go back through the previous instances and cross off the rules that the athlete broke and was let back on the team for.
4. rewrite the contract changing the rules that the athlete broke. Ex- rule:athletes cannot partake in violence. rule rewritten- athletes can partake in violence.
5. and then have the principal look back over the contract with the rewritten rules. ask him if this contract seems fair for X athlete.
6. if this athlete has gotten into as much trouble as you say, than the contract should sound absurd; this is the point of this exercise.

This is definitely risky because the principal could see it as being extremely disrespectful. But, if you keep your tone calm and your words respectful than I think it could have an impact on him.

Well then if a conference is not possible, the administration ABSOLUTELY needs to address why this student is afforded special allowances while others must follow the rules. In writing would be the best way to address this.

Out of curiosity, does this girl live in a $500,000 home or Section 8 housing?

I had almost the exact same situation happen, and unfortunately, as of 3 weeks ago, I resigned as the coach of my program. Since this girl broke all of the contract rules, and was still put back on the team by administration, despite my rules (that have worked perfectly fine for the past 7 years). At this point, my authority and credibility as a coach was gone, so I had no other choice.

It sucked, don't get me wrong, but I was not about to get walked all over by certain athletes, nor was I going to stay with an administration that did not support me. Good Luck!

Back