All-Star Us Finals Providence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did anyone get a preliminary schedule for this comp before the final schedule was posted? I didn't get a preliminary schedule emailed or a final schedule emailed to me. I saw it posted on Facebook which I think is ridiculous! Just wondering if I'm the only one.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Are jackets given out for the winning team of each division in their level not grand champps of a level? Can't find details and don't remember from last year!

Did anyone get a preliminary schedule for this comp before the final schedule was posted? I didn't get a preliminary schedule emailed or a final schedule emailed to me. I saw it posted on Facebook which I think is ridiculous! Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Only thing we saw was the general schedule on the US finals website earlier in the week, our gym hasn't posted/told us anything yet, just us nosy moms keep checking the finals site.

Anybody else think that this entire competition is a mess? We usually go to Virginia and it is run beautifully! This year in Providence has been crazy! It's crowded everywhere, there is hardly anyone working the warm up room or to bring the kids to the competition floor. They had to break the awards up into three sessions in each actual session. We are sitting in awards now and the stage is so packed that a speaker fell on an athlete! So unorganized! Virginia beach spoiled me!

Anybody else think that this entire competition is a mess? We usually go to Virginia and it is run beautifully! This year in Providence has been crazy! It's crowded everywhere, there is hardly anyone working the warm up room or to bring the kids to the competition floor. They had to break the awards up into three sessions in each actual session. We are sitting in awards now and the stage is so packed that a speaker fell on an athlete! So unorganized! Virginia beach spoiled me!

Oh wow we don't perform until 8:06 and awards at 10 pm I hope they aren't really far behind by then!

The team I coach had warm ups at 630 AM and performed at 7 AM, so we didn't have any problem with over crowding and had plenty of attention at warm ups (insert sarcasm here ). One of the pros of competing at the crack of dawn! Didn't seem too crowded when I left, but I only stayed for the first session.

I do agree they need a bigger room for the awards, or actually split the awards up more, instead of shoving them into a room THEN saying they are splitting them, it was like a war zone in there. Parents everywhere and squishing too many teams on that floor!

It was actually much better run than last year. Last year they had awards in the same room as the competition and it was running about an hour to an hour an a half behind practically from the early morning session. Nothing like watching a video montage of the session knowing how far behind it was. I haven't been to the one in VB for about 4 years but back then I found it to be a huge $hit show, between the poor seating and the overcrowded award sessions . At least this one is finished all in one day rather than spreading a one day comp over two days. I get that VB is a much bigger comp but at this point in the season I'm very happy traveling to Providence rather than VB for US Finals.

I had my senior 3 team meet at 8 am with awards at 10:45am & my jr. 3 team performed at 8pm with awards at 10 - that didn't get over til 11. then trying to get our jackets & find my car in the garage - with a 2 hour drive home - got in about 1-1:30.
and i'm still trying to catch up on sleep from worlds..... ughhh

The team I coach had warm ups at 630 AM and performed at 7 AM, so we didn't have any problem with over crowding and had plenty of attention at warm ups (insert sarcasm here ). One of the pros of competing at the crack of dawn! Didn't seem too crowded when I left, but I only stayed for the first session.

I do agree they need a bigger room for the awards, or actually split the awards up more, instead of shoving them into a room THEN saying they are splitting them, it was like a war zone in there. Parents everywhere and squishing too many teams on that floor!

Trust me, I don't want or need attention, but what I do want is someone telling me when it is time to switch floors and to make sure the teams from the A and B mats line up correctly for their performance. I also get cranky when a team shows up in warmups who was supposed to compete a half hour ago, and no ones knows where they are supposed to be, or when they compete, and they are standing in front of my team like they belong there.

All I would like to see is some organization. I am coaching and trying to make sure my team is as stress free as possible, don't put a big clock up with the current time and then tell me you get 6 minutes on each mat, so you will have to make sure you look at the the clock to know when to switch. And I absolutely hate going to awards and no one knowing what is going on, half of my team can't get in let alone the parents because it is so crowded, then when we do get in there they only call up a third of the teams in that awards session. So we get to sit and watch the video montage and them congratulate seniors and do awards. Then they call up another 3rd of the teams, and do the same thing all over again. It is one awards session, do you really think I need to watch the same video three times?

Us finals isnt what it use to be, ( at least I think the Summit is hurting this comp.) I think one venue would be better for this event in the future, I mean sure I guess you can brag your team won a jacket with who shows up to RI, but with the best of the best teams at the Summit and other teams at VB, wouldnt it be better to at least combine Virgina beach and Ri so that there is some good competition between divisions? It seems Virginia Beach still had a great turn out but RI just didnt seem like a national based on numbers.

Us finals isnt what it use to be, ( at least I think the Summit is hurting this comp.) I think one venue would be better for this event in the future, I mean sure I guess you can brag your team won a jacket with who shows up to RI, but with the best of the best teams at the Summit and other teams at VB, wouldnt it be better to at least combine Virgina beach and Ri so that there is some good competition between divisions? It seems Virginia Beach still had a great turn out but RI just didnt seem like a national based on numbers.
The US finals website posted that Providence was maxed out at 225 teams, but I know when we competed last session it looked like a ghost town. Empty stands and a lot of the vendors gone. There were no event tees listing teams left. The parents wanted to go to VB but in prior years the gym has always come to RI. There were only 2 teams in my CP's division, unfortunately she was injured during warmups and we were in the hospital during her team's performance and awards. I was told many of the girls were crying for her during the performance and the coach yelled to do it for her. They hit a perfect routine and won, it was really like a movie script lol and I would like to think with that performance they would have succeeded at VB too. I guess we will see when they re-judge the winning routines and list the final standings.

This was my first year on all star cheer but my gym usually goes to providence and this year we went to Virginia Beach! Never Again! I'm on a J2 team and we competed at 10:00 and awards were at 11:30 I'm pretty sure! They were a little off time! But than the power went off! Not impressed.

US Finals is also not what it used to be since they started giving out bids for teams finishing 1-5th places. It used to be only for the top 3 teams in each division, and the 1st place team had free registration, not just the grand champs for that division (or whomever the EP at the bid comp felt like awarding the full paid bid to).
US Finals are also held in 3-4 other locations as well, and not only the same weekend as the Summit.
Not everyone wants to travel to VB for a comp that has significantly declined in caliber over the past few seasons (I also saw it become less prestigious when Varsity introduced the All-Levels comps, the predecessors to the Summit, a few years ago).
The only true bragging rights will go to the winner of each division of the US Finals Challenge (I think that is what they are calling it) where judges will rewatch the first place performances of each division from all of the US Finals comps, rescore them and declare a true winner. I am so happy they are rescoring this season after the ridiculously high % of winners coming from the VB comp last year - they just based it on the scores from each comp all with different judges.

US Finals is also not what it used to be since they started giving out bids for teams finishing 1-5th places. It used to be only for the top 3 teams in each division, and the 1st place team had free registration, not just the grand champs for that division (or whomever the EP at the bid comp felt like awarding the full paid bid to).
US Finals are also held in 3-4 other locations as well, and not only the same weekend as the Summit.
Not everyone wants to travel to VB for a comp that has significantly declined in caliber over the past few seasons (I also saw it become less prestigious when Varsity introduced the All-Levels comps, the predecessors to the Summit, a few years ago).
The only true bragging rights will go to the winner of each division of the US Finals Challenge (I think that is what they are calling it) where judges will rewatch the first place performances of each division from all of the US Finals comps, rescore them and declare a true winner. I am so happy they are rescoring this season after the ridiculously high % of winners coming from the VB comp last year - they just based it on the scores from each comp all with different judges.
I hope they really do rejudge & not just say they are and just end up taking the highest score. they already picked the ones to move on from each location. and they combine large and small. my small junior 3 team won in Prov. but they are not moving on because the large junior 3 team had a higher score. Kind of seems unfair to me. We had different judging panels & the panel my team had scored lower across the board. Not saying that the other team wasn't better than my team - just saying it doesn't seem right.

Back