All-Star Us Finals Providence

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope they really do rejudge & not just say they are and just end up taking the highest score. they already picked the ones to move on from each location. and they combine large and small. my small junior 3 team won in Prov. but they are not moving on because the large junior 3 team had a higher score. Kind of seems unfair to me. We had different judging panels & the panel my team had scored lower across the board. Not saying that the other team wasn't better than my team - just saying it doesn't seem right.
That is 100% unfair. They split the divisions at the competition and it should be judged that way. I saw your small jr 3 btw and they looked fantastic. My cp was on the large jr 3 that finished in 2nd.
I hope they do what they claim they are doing as well. I know last year across the board the scores out of the judges at VB were significantly higher than at Providence and at many of the other US Finals locations.

That is 100% unfair. They split the divisions at the competition and it should be judged that way. I saw your small jr 3 btw and they looked fantastic. My cp was on the large jr 3 that finished in 2nd.
I hope they do what they claim they are doing as well. I know last year across the board the scores out of the judges at VB were significantly higher than at Providence and at many of the other US Finals locations.
thank you! i actually saw a bunch of large jr. 3 teams and they were all great! which gym is yours?

The awards for SS4 in VB were odd. And that's all I can say about that. Also, no jackets, no medals? Just the participants medal that everyone got? I hear the jackets will come in later, but anyone know about the medals?

Trust me, I don't want or need attention, but what I do want is someone telling me when it is time to switch floors and to make sure the teams from the A and B mats line up correctly for their performance. I also get cranky when a team shows up in warmups who was supposed to compete a half hour ago, and no ones knows where they are supposed to be, or when they compete, and they are standing in front of my team like they belong there.

All I would like to see is some organization. I am coaching and trying to make sure my team is as stress free as possible, don't put a big clock up with the current time and then tell me you get 6 minutes on each mat, so you will have to make sure you look at the the clock to know when to switch. And I absolutely hate going to awards and no one knowing what is going on, half of my team can't get in let alone the parents because it is so crowded, then when we do get in there they only call up a third of the teams in that awards session. So we get to sit and watch the video montage and them congratulate seniors and do awards. Then they call up another 3rd of the teams, and do the same thing all over again. It is one awards session, do you really think I need to
watch the same video three times?[/
QUOTE]

I completely understand! I would have been very annoyed if I was in your situation as well! I was more so poking fun at the fact that since my team went so early we didn't have to deal with any of that! Our Y1 went on at 430, so they were caught up in all the craziness as well!

I feel as though the awards room was a fire hazard, WAY too many people, and that video was so unnecessary!

I feel your pain about the time, I had to leave my house at 330 AM to get there for our 545 AM meet time! Then the drive home and everything else, Im in the same boat with the sleep aspect, lol! ;(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The awards for SS4 in VB were odd. And that's all I can say about that. Also, no jackets, no medals? Just the participants medal that everyone got? I hear the jackets will come in later, but anyone know about the medals?
No jackets?! In Prov. we got our jackets, and a participate medal. That's all!

No jackets?! In Prov. we got our jackets, and a participate medal. That's all!

Last year, there were "gold, silver and bronze" medals for the teams in the top 3 places. This year, nada. And we were told that the jackets were delayed, and they'd come in later..

Yes, In Prov we got our jackets right away. Not crazy about how the champions will now be re-judged but thats the way it goes.
BTW, thanks for all the hotel help. I ended up booking the Best Western over by the airport and it was fine.

Yes, In Prov we got our jackets right away. Not crazy about how the champions will now be re-judged but thats the way it goes.
BTW, thanks for all the hotel help. I ended up booking the Best Western over by the airport and it was fine.
I will be looking for the new scores, because I'm very curious... Will be interesting to see if a certain routine is scored lower than the original performance.

@BHSVCGirl I am happy to say I only had to get up at 3:30 to be there for 7:30! My rehearsal dinner was the night before, and the guys had their bachelor party, so I had rowdy guys coming in the house at 2am! Needless to say, I was home by 3pm and sleeping on the couch in record time! My fiance woke me up at 8 and was like "Ummmm are you going to feed me?" Apparently the chocolate covered bacon I got at the competition wasn't a sufficient dinner!

Can anyone who was at Providence confirm that there were no medals for the top 3 spots per division?
No medals at all in providence. And I guess they gave out the wrong banners to the winning teams. I think we got the ones you get if you win the overall.

No medals at all in providence. And I guess they gave out the wrong banners to the winning teams. I think we got the ones you get if you win the overall.

Only participation medals given out and our banner also says "Overall Champion," so maybe that replaces "Division Champion" or whatever the previous ones were?

There weren't in Topeka. I've been to us finals several times and placed top 3 and never gotten anything more than the participant medal though.
Hm, maybe we were just lucky last year? We got jackets and a "gold" medal for Juniors, and a "bronze" medal for Seniors. I just assumed they did top 3 medals every year. The medals we got were like the ones in the photo here:
bigmedal.png

Back