All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

25.gif

They have the opportunity to enter the senior divisions. This will force some of those teams to trim off the few athletes they have that are over 18 and enter the senior divisions. People have complained about no true international teams in the senior division for years.

If a 12 year old can't compete with an 18 year old then a 14 year old doesn't need to be with someone over the age of 18 either. I actually would have rather had the level 5 international divisions be 16, but I think 17 is just as good.

Isn't the rule 10 year olds can be on teams with 18 year olds as long as they aren't level 5? i think there is a MASSIVE difference in the maturity level of a 10 year old and a 14 year old, but maybe that is just my personal experience

"Hair should look natural"...anyone care to elaborate..are they refering to colour, cut, style. Who gets to decide what's natural? Are we supposed to roll out of bed in the morning, give it a quick brush and head onto the competition floor?

Girl, my hair looks completely natural. Weave me alone, USASF...

I don't know yet about the rules changes.

But I have to admit that I'm in love with the image policy! Those uniforms that look more like someone is going to the beach than being an athlete on a stage. Those choreographies going with it where some people watching the routine must ask themselves where they are - at a sports competition or in a strip club. Those uniform malfunctions. All those uniforms where the only option is a strapless bra, if there is even an option for wearing a bra at all with all those crazy cutouts...

Actually most of the uniforms in the "new uniforms" thread for this season that most people complained about how they make our sport not look like a sport at all, but more like a fashion show (if even) .... most of those uniforms have to be gone when those rules finally are implemented!

I can debate about the full-top except for senior teams, but for everything else: Thank You!

Isn't the rule 10 year olds can be on teams with 18 year olds as long as they aren't level 5? i think there is a MASSIVE difference in the maturity level of a 10 year old and a 14 year old, but maybe that is just my personal experience

Yeah I don't agree with the 10 year olds with 18 year olds either. I don't mind 14 with 18, but 14 with a 26 year old college graduate bothers me. The way it was would have allowed that and with all the arrests that have happened in the past few years regarding minors and adults in cheer it needed to be changed.

Way to neuter true Senior 5 teams USASF.. I thought that's why you created Senior Restricted 5 in the first place.
confused0024.gif
well basically senior 5 and restricted are now pretty much the same unless they plan on placing more restrictions on restricted 5 its very disappointing and i really dont know how much longer my cp will stay interested in this sport she is 12 and has all the skills that she will ever be able to do in tumbling wont that get boring after a while

Back