All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can anyone help me out with one of the changes. It states that open teams must be 17+,correct? Every international team from outside the USA is classed as international open allgirl/coed. Does this mean that NOBODY from outside the USA can compete at worlds until they are 17? Surely this is a ridiculous idea and cuts out any goals that allstar teams outside the USA may have of going to worlds? What are the chances of a gym in the UK having all 24 members of the team 17+ on a senior team?!

Someone explain to me the standing full rule??? ANYBODY ANYBODY!!! My CP has had issues w/her knee, but not one time has it been as a result of doing her SF! I've seen more CPS get injured from doing doubles, tucks, even a BHS then i've seen from doing a standing full!

Tucks are especially scary to watch on some of these lvl 3 teams.....it's so many kids that under rotate and end up on their knees or face then I care to ever see!!! So I guess that will be next! And how many times have all of us seen standing tuck busts...oh that's goanna be on the list as well...HELL LET'S JUST CUT OUR LOSES NOW!

FOUR FOR YOU, COURTNEY SMITH-POPE! YOU GO, COURTNEY SMITH-POPE!

...This is seriously ridiculous though. Haven't read through it all yet, but there are other ways to handle safety that don't include banning skills that athletes have worked so hard to achieve. I'm so saddened and angry for those who have busted their asses to get some incredible tumbling skills only to have their opportunity to showcase them ripped away. :(

I disagree with the 17 age grid in international. I only know on one gym who can field a team in io5. gymtyme. So they are killing the spirit of competition. A 14 year old is in high school in most cases and with the age all day long. Just a silly rule in every aspect.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Can anyone help me out with one of the changes. It states that open teams must be 17+,correct? Every international team from outside the USA is classed as international open allgirl/coed. Does this mean that NOBODY from outside the USA can compete at worlds until they are 17? Surely this is a ridiculous idea and cuts out any goals that allstar teams outside the USA may have of going to worlds? What are the chances of a gym in the UK having all 24 members of the team 17+ on a senior team?!

I thought the reason the international age was 14+ to accommodate the international teams at worlds. Well done USASF, you just wiped out a whole load of them.

I am seriously going to cry. She worked so hard for that toe full, that bh double, that two to whip double and just landed an Arabian to full punch double. All for what???? I am sick.

As a parent I cannot tell you how much blood sweat tears and heart went into these skills not to mention time and money.

:(

What happened to phasing things in? Voting on them? I just can't even comprehend everything g they just took away from my daughter. I am stunned shocked and disgusted.

I agree 100% with you. My daughter is 14 and io5 so lost her team and her skills.....she is devastated.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Oh where to start, I think the ridiculousness is beyond for this one. However, I am just wondering how they are going to enforce such things. Such as "No ...lingerie looking or inspired uniforms" -- AZ power has a much covered lace inspired uniform that some could argue would be associated with this rule--However, I think it is innovative and trendy and covers adequately. Little things like this are now going to be the focus? Come on, seriously I believe they should place efforts elsewhere to maintain the integrity and safety of the sport. Another thing, " 2 inch inseam for shorts and 1 inch of skirt below the briefs" Bring out the rulers backstage, enforcement of this rule is going to be dealt with how? I understand the general guidelines in every sport but this is just plain ole ridiculous. I just don't understand how enforcement is going to be able to be handled to the little nitpik new rules when USASF cannot even enforce the rules they have now.

International teams CAN compete in the club divisions at Worlds, but it rarely happens. Loony Dolphins have done it, UCC from Canada had a large limited 2 years ago, and this year RND from Canada has a small coed. It does happen, and it can happen, but it's rare.

Back