All-Star Usasf Proposed Rule Changes For 22-23

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also…
Isn’t the rule changes to standing tumbling. How it used to be a while ago?2 to tuck in level 3, 2 to lay in level 4, 2 to full in level 5, or am I just totally imagining that

not a fan of whip tucks being taken away from level 4 however….expecially if they are gonna now allow whip fulls in level 5…that part dosent make that much sense to me..
Don’t think level 3 ever had two to tuck…..

So after we've all been in NCA withdrawal USASF happened to quietly release cheer age grid for 2022-2023. No rules changes and the ages changes to align with IASF. I'm left a little confused. Link to grid and their presentation of how to calculate ages. https://www.usasf.net/rules

Attachments

• USASF_Cheer_AgeGrid_22-23.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
So after we've all been in NCA withdrawal USASF happened to quietly release cheer age grid for 2022-2023. No rules changes and the ages changes to align with IASF. I'm left a little confused. Link to grid and their presentation of how to calculate ages. https://www.usasf.net/rules
The age grid changes don't essentially change anything either. They increased the min and max ages by one year so your age during tryout year would still be the same age as the previous model.

Ex: CP's cheer age under old model next season would be 11-12 and youth max was 11. Now her cheer age will be 12-13 but youth max is now 12 as well.

I agree with sizing down divisions. Divisions have grown so much over the past couple of years with things like A and B. Just have the level. It becomes easier or harder for some teams depending on which group they are in. In my opinion, keep everyone in their right division to help teach,especially the younger ones, kids the rightful way of how hard is to win when you have more people against you. Teams are winning left and right that if you put them into the other group they would have gotten third. Some teams and gyms have lost the whole idea of competing and just have gone to comps, realized who they were against and the number of teams, and just knew they were going to win. Its not fair and should be changed. This is in my opinion sorry if this does not make sense.

Victor and Kristen Rosario are pretty impressive. Pretty sure Victor was a high level gymnast before his cheer days. They amaze me with some of the things they have come up with.

The way they teach standing fulls by having a boulder behind you on its side and you jump back, roll over your side, and onto your feet to teach shin drive is literally genius.

i feel like the Non tumbling division will eventually be moved out of worlds, maybe to summit or something on its own. im still 50/50, its been nice to see the division progress in difficulty and creativity, but i still feel like there is a lot of push back on non tumbling being a worlds division. Id also hate to see the xs divisions be moved, replaced, etc. though, so hoping they are a worlds division for the long haul. I have thoroughly enjoyed their addition.

I've competed on a tumble and non tumble worlds team and I actually find the non tumble way harder believe it or not. Theres never a moment to catch my breath (Like I used to get standing in the corner waiting for my pass or after I landed my standing tumbling when the next group was going). I counted once and I had less than 2 8 counts where I wasn't in a stunt with my hands over my head. It's crazy difficult.

Back