All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was waiting for someone to start this thread. I have heard about it twice in the last 2 weeks from 2 different gym owners. Anyone that was in Vegas for the Varsity meetings knows about it.

It was a competition that was announced at the gym owners conference in Vegas this past weekend. It is basically an "levels 1-4 worlds". They are doing it the weekend after Worlds so that the lower level teams will get the exact same experience as those kids on the level 5 teams. It is an event that you to qualify for just like regular Worlds. I believe they are taking 400 teams the first year - 250 full paids and 150 partials (don't quote me on the exact numbers though) and I think there are only a handful of qualifying competitions.

full paid bids? will those be even distributed throughout the levels? only can qualify at varsity nationals? I will be interested to see how this turns out

Here is the scoop! Keep in mind the other 2 day events & the number of bids are still tentative, but the competition is CONFIRMED to take place!

450 teams will receive bids to compete in ONE location
100-150 Partial-Paid Bids
300-350 At-Large Bids

Offered to Youth, Junior & Senior cheer teams in non-Worlds divisions

The SUMMIT
Innovative, Prestigious, Highly Competitive, “Worlds Caliber” Production
Varsity All Star Championship for All Levels
May 4-5, 2013
Orlando, FL

THE CLIMB
Varsity Brands will be selecting teams for bids at our existing World Bid events & at least 8 other highly competitive 2-day events

DEFENDING CHAMPIONS
First five teams to receive Partial-Paid Bids to The Summit

2012 International All Levels – Grand Champions
Level 1- Pro Athletics
Level 2- Rockstar Cheer
Level 3- World Cup All Stars
Level 4- Spirit Explosion
Level 5- The California All Stars

full paid bids? will those be even distributed throughout the levels? only can qualify at varsity nationals? I will be interested to see how this turns out

All-levels and US Finals already give out paid bids - I think the winners in each division get them, but maybe they'll be giving out less?

They could do what a lot of Varsity brands have done for worlds bids between level 5/6 where 6 has a higher max score - calculate your score as a percentage of your max score and give out the paid bids that way.

I thought Varsity already had their own levels 1-4 mini worlds with rings and all?

They did, but they wanted to make the "end of the year" competition more of an unforgettable experience for the athletes. They are looking into tying things they have done for the International All-Levels Championship (rings, virtual show, etc.) because those ideas have been successful.

Back