Very Stupid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to mention that a newspaper did an article abt this "rec" team and that's how they wrote it... In quotes ! The coaches said the girls where from a jr high and high school ... Ok done ranting new year new outlook!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Don't stop ranting. I've contacted UCA about this. Talk to Carlos Muniz. He is well aware of the situation.

Don't stop ranting. I've contacted UCA about this. Talk to Carlos Muniz. He is well aware of the situation.
We have all last season .. So instead of dealing with that team they raised the age limit to 15 on August 1.. Which allows girls to still turn 16 mid season .. That was their remedy.. It made it worse for all of us. Sad! :(

We have all last season .. So instead of dealing with that team they raised the age limit to 15 on August 1.. Which allows girls to still turn 16 mid season .. That was their remedy.. It made it worse for all of us. Sad! :(

well that is not the ideal remedy. sorry that happened.

well that is not the ideal remedy. sorry that happened.
It saddens me... I just feel
If u want to win u should win by being the best inn your division. What UCA has done is now allowing older and more mature girls to compete with girls who are 11-14 In most states.. This is the only team out of 9 teams this past year that allowed had a team of all 15-16 year olds. Yes u want to win but I want to compete against teams with the same ages girls. Having a few older girls is fine but to have 25 15 and 16 year olds is a bit much.. At the rec level anyway.

Yes! New age grid-
Senior rec 14 years and under. As of August 31.
This is a big deal as most teams that compete UCA are 14 and younger except for a certain team .. That won with a stacked team of 15 year olds and 16 year olds last year. This was due to UCA Allowing 15 year olds as of aug 1 last season.. That meant a girl could be 15 August 1 but turn 16 aug 2.. And be legal as a sophomore, competing in a division that is REC... Youth sports!!! Now I'm all
For winning however stacking a team is crappy.
Also- rec teams must cheer for a sport. Possible need to send in sideline video.. Still being worked out!
After I dug some info abt this stacked team. I am finding that the "coaches" are paid. And have opened their own gym.. This is NOT a rec program.
Also Rec teams that cheer for football , DO NOT practice year round, this team is. All info i have dug up is public knowledge ... On twitter FB and IG. Under coaches names.. Hate cheaters.
Hoping UCA catches this and takes care of it.

Yes! New age grid-
Senior rec 14 years and under. As of August 31.
This is a big deal as most teams that compete UCA are 14 and younger except for a certain team .. That won with a stacked team of 15 year olds and 16 year olds last year. This was due to UCA Allowing 15 year olds as of aug 1 last season.. That meant a girl could be 15 August 1 but turn 16 aug 2.. And be legal as a sophomore, competing in a division that is REC... Youth sports!!! Now I'm all
For winning however stacking a team is crappy.
Also- rec teams must cheer for a sport. Possible need to send in sideline video.. Still being worked out!
After I dug some info abt this stacked team. I am finding that the "coaches" are paid. And have opened their own gym.. This is NOT a rec program.
Also Rec teams that cheer for football , DO NOT practice year round, this team is. All info i have dug up is public knowledge ... On twitter FB and IG. Under coaches names.. Hate cheaters.
Hoping UCA catches this and takes care of it.

Please link to the rules that say that it is illegal for rec teams to:
- have paid coaches
- have a gym
- practice year round.

I am unfamiliar with any EPs that have these rules. Just because something is not allowed in your organization doesn't mean that these teams are cheating.

Please link to the rules that say that it is illegal for rec teams to:
- have paid coaches
- have a gym
- practice year round.

I am unfamiliar with any EPs that have these rules. Just because something is not allowed in your organization doesn't mean that these teams are cheating.
Maybe she is referring to rec programs like Pop Warner cause you know sure and well the gyms that enter the rec division pay their coaches.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Stacking, the PC term for sandbagging

Maybe she is referring to rec programs like Pop Warner cause you know sure and well the gyms that enter the rec division pay their coaches.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Stacking, the PC term for sandbagging
I was talking about rec, too, not all star prep. I don't know about pop warner rules, but I believe the original poster was referencing UCA rules, which only state the age limits and that rec teams should have a primary purpose of cheering for youth sports teams, so competitive-only teams must compete in the all star divisions. There is no prohibition on paying coaches, practicing in a gym or practicing year-round. These are common things that people think are in the rules, but actually are not. I think cheaters should be called out, for sure, but I really don't like people being accused of doing something illegal when it is actually within the rules. Again, I would love to see references to prove me wrong - I'm all about learning new things!

Full disclosure: I am an unpaid rec coach, no gym, we cheer for football then compete after football season is done. I don't begrudge any team that pays its coaches or has its own gym, as long as it follows the rules (including cheering for a youth sport, and for JamBrands comps, being sponsored by a community youth organization.)

As far as youth sports go.. Coaches are volunteer. Football cheer does not. Practice year round. And UCA does state if u don't cheer for a sport u are not rec.

Sara agreed. Just seems like their is too much grey area. If you're sponsored by a school.. U need to be in the school division, apparently there was a lot of unhappy coaches this year bc we all received letters from UCA asking to provide info abt our teams and letters from our football orgs... I am hoping it's take. Care of

Back