Voting Slate For 2015-17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You can add a whole lot more to my list above if you do individual gyms, I was only thinking in terms of whole programs. There really are a lot more sole Senior Worlds teams that medal than I thought.

We never cross compete athletes from one gym to another, unless it was a last minute injury/illness the day of a comp which I'm not sure has ever happened more than once. They are too far away from each other, so that's why I specifically said T&S Edmond. In my mind, T&S Tulsa is a separate entity all together since we are under the same ownership but have 0 crossovers between the two gyms, at any level. It makes the "wins" all the more satisfying because we are very much what I would call a medium sized gym.

I do agree with you though that there are a lot more gyms like us out there than people realize. I love to watch smaller "large" gyms win against the mega gyms. It's like watching Jamaica win at the Olympics :D

That narrows it down to Kentucky Elite 2010, T&S 08/09, Pro Spirit 09, Pro Cheer 11. I think that is it for Senior only. There's actually a couple junior teams that medaled with no senior worlds team at the gym, which I find interesting as well.

ETA: not sure if T&S had a J5 team those years though.

We have had a J5/SR5 every year since at LEAST 2007. Not sure what teams we had before that.

Does anyone feel strongly about prep teams being counted as part of the gym's totals? If so, I would like to hear why. Please share.

I didn't feel so strongly about it before, however I am reading more and more about athletes not "making the cut" for tryouts and being placed on prep teams. Before prep divisions were a thing the gym would have just absorbed these "less than desirable" athletes onto their teams (because who turns away money...) and now that they have a dumping ground for them, they can field stronger teams while still generating revenue from said athletes who are competing under their gym's name. Not to mention full year allstar kids can compete on a prep team, and vice versa, as long as they aren't competing in both allstar and prep at the same competition.

I most definitely think prep team numbers need to be considered when determining a division. It is becoming more and more common that gyms are taking TRUE level teams and competing them in the prep divisions. I have seen prep teams around our area that are SCORES better than full year, competitive all star teams in the same level. If we don't include them in our numbers, gyms will use that as a way to skirt the numbers issue and keep their numbers "low".

Does anyone feel strongly about prep teams being counted as part of the gym's totals? If so, I would like to hear why. Please share.

I have one other questions that is not related to this year's ballot. Is there a reason that minis are not divided into small and large gym. Cp's division was the most crowded at every bigger name comp that we went to and it seemed strange that we had 16 when all the older teams competed against 3 or 4 times.

I've seen minis split into large gym and small gym plenty of times in the past few seasons.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm so happy there's some discussion happening over level 4 skills- I've always thought the 3-4-5 progression was weird, especially for twisting to libs.

I'm so happy there's some discussion happening over level 4 skills- I've always thought the 3-4-5 progression was weird, especially for twisting to libs.
Really? That's one thing I was hoping wouldn't change because it made less sense to me. This is what I had in my mind:
3- full twist to prep level 2 legs
4- full twist to extended level 2 legs/ 1.5 twists to prep level 1 or 2 legs
5R- full twist to extended 1 leg/1.5 twist to extended 2 legs
5- 1.5-2 twists to 1 or 2 legs

That progression makes a lot more sense to me.

Reactions: Ren
Really? That's one thing I was hoping wouldn't change because it made less sense to me. This is what I had in my mind:
3- full twist to prep level 2 legs
4- full twist to extended level 2 legs/ 1.5 twists to prep level 1 or 2 legs
5R- full twist to extended 1 leg/1.5 twist to extended 2 legs
5- 1.5-2 twists to 1 or 2 legs

That progression makes a lot more sense to me.
Yeah, I guess it makes more sense with 5R, that division doesn't really exist over here. I'm not clear on the rules for it either, can you full twist to extended 1 leg in 5R? I just found it odd that you could 1/2 twist to extended 1 leg in level 3, there's no change in 4, then suddenly you can double twist to extended 1 leg in 5

Yeah, I guess it makes more sense with 5R, that division doesn't really exist over here. I'm not clear on the rules for it either, can you full twist to extended 1 leg in 5R? I just found it odd that you could 1/2 twist to extended 1 leg in level 3, there's no change in 4, then suddenly you can double twist to extended 1 leg in 5
As of right now 5R is the same as 5 in regards to twisting, but one of the other rule proposals that was discussed is to limit 5R to 1.5 twists to 2 legs and 1 twist to 1 leg.

I have one other questions that is not related to this year's ballot. Is there a reason that minis are not divided into small and large gym. Cp's division was the most crowded at every bigger name comp that we went to and it seemed strange that we had 16 when all the older teams competed against 3 or 4 times.

Minis can be divided into small and large gym, but it depends on the guidelines. Some won't split until there are 10 teams, with at least 4 in each, or other random rules. With minis, usually there are more teams because there are no large/small splits (all the teams are usually small).

Minis can be divided into small and large gym, but it depends on the guidelines. Some won't split until there are 10 teams, with at least 4 in each, or other random rules. With minis, usually there are more teams because there are no large/small splits (all the teams are usually small).

The mini team I coached last year always had the deepest division out of all of our teams. I think the smallest we ever had was 6 teams? But it was usually around 8 or 9, so not quite enough to split.

Back