High School Warm Ups That Are Warm

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 3, 2011
hey everyone!
my girls have to cheer outside for football and it gets VERY cold where we live! we have been searching high and low for warm ups that will help keep the girls warm , but are still somewhat cute! everything we have found is a unisex cut, and almost all of my girls are smaller than small, so even the xs doesnt fit (not to mention the pants go up to their arm pits and the jackets have no shape to them cuz they are made for girls or boys)

if anyone has any suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it! thanks!

I love the half zip fleeces that some teams around here have. You can layer underneath if necessary. Have you thought of getting varsity jackets?

I love the half zip fleeces that some teams around here have. You can layer underneath if necessary. Have you thought of getting varsity jackets?

Do you know of any teams that have fleece jackets with matching pants?? That's another issue-finding sets! Also, when you say varsity jackets, do you mean the brand or letterman jackets? :)

We wear Varsity warm ups and they're good. They're just pullovers and they're a water resistant material with 3 colors around the neck, wrists, and bottom of the top. I may be able to find them online, but they aren't too bad when it comes to looking too unisex. I think some girls got youth sizes so that may solve the problem for yours. But in the colder months we do have to layer up. We just wear our body suit so it kind of looks like we have a uniform on underneath, and it covers your neck a bit haha.

And I'm not sure if you're talking about Varsity the brand jackets or like letterman jackets? But letterman jackets can be very expensive. My jacket was probably around $200 and with all the stuff I put on it, plus my name, it was probably $300. That wasn't leather sleeves either. I know some football players that paid over $500 for their letterman jacket, we just got lucky and found a cheaper place I guess. They're pretty warm, but not comfortable to cheer in at all.

Here's a picture of our warm ups (not exactly these haha), I liked them!
pullover.jpg

Do you know of any teams that have fleece jackets with matching pants?? That's another issue-finding sets! Also, when you say varsity jackets, do you mean the brand or letterman jackets? :)
I mean letterman jackets. I haven't seen matching but the teams I've seen have the fleeces in whatever color their school is and then black pants with a stripe down the side that matches.

varsity makes a fleece half zip and full zip! It's really warm and comfy. We normally will wear our warmup jacket though with an under armpit hoodie over it and it keeps us pretty warm. Wants wise, the warmest are soffes!

The varsity (brand) fleece pull over and zip jackets are AMAZING! Sometimes I wear them and I actually get hot! I love my fleece, well worth the money! They pair their lined swishy warm-up pants with them. We have also used the polymicro lined varsity warm-ups and they are good too, but not near as warm as the fleece.

As for varsity (not brand) letterman jackets they can get pricey! I know I paid over $300 for mine back in the day, however I think they offer cheaper options now. They weren't required when I cheered but everyone had them so we used them. I agree with above, they are warm, but sort of awkward to cheer in.

We have warm ups from Varsity and when it is really cold we wear our team sweatshirts underneath. We also layer long sleeve t-shirts and stuff underneath. It works pretty good but I live in Wisconsin so its pretty impossible to be warm at football games:)

Gtm has warm warm ups that you can cheer in fine. They have women and child sizes. Gtmsportswear.com

Back