All-Star Was Large Senior Realllllly Dying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which makes sense. You are willing where ever and whenever to compete against whoever. If we could just convince yall to jump to 30 and get EVERYONE in there the division could be bigger than the Beatles.

I really couldn't care less large went away, the big 3 jumped in what is currently called medium, and the placements didn't change one iota. What I would like is yall would be beating 20 teams instead of 7 for finals.

At what point does anyone go from being a stalwart to being stubborn?

You know King, when you lead a horse to water, especially your chosen flavor, you have to use a halter or a bit in the animal's mouth. Most people are not real excited about halters, bits or nose rings with lead lines. Let the market play the thing out and stop pushing so hard. Why in the world do we really want 20, 30, 40 teams at Worlds in a division? Local and national competitions, yeah, good for the promotors and the gyms. Freedom of choice I suppose is the only good answer, but I know it is all about the money. You want to see a classic model sport constructed and the people that are running the business want to make a living and the amateur sports models may not be what they want, especially if it comes with burdensome oversight and regulation and loss of potential income. Figure out how to get a sport while convincing parents to pay $5-15k per year per athlete to participate and you may have something. I'm afraid you are going to have to convince the colleges to scholarship cheer to get parents to step up enough on that level.

But to answer your question, CEA will probably have all girl teams in small, medium and large. So, don't worry, we'll do our part to increase the competitive numbers of teams and athletes, in fact, I would say expanding level 5 slots fits quite nicely for the Popes.

You know King, when you lead a horse to water, especially your chosen flavor, you have to use a halter or a bit in the animal's mouth. Most people are not real excited about halters, bits or nose rings with lead lines. Let the market play the thing out and stop pushing so hard. Why in the world do we really want 20, 30, 40 teams at Worlds in a division? Local and national competitions, yeah, good for the promotors and the gyms. Freedom of choice I suppose is the only good answer, but I know it is all about the money. You want to see a classic model sport constructed and the people that are running the business want to make a living and the amateur sports models may not be what they want, especially if it comes with burdensome oversight and regulation and loss of potential income. Figure out how to get a sport while convincing parents to pay $5-15k per year per athlete to participate and you may have something. I'm afraid you are going to have to convince the colleges to scholarship cheer to get parents to step up enough on that level.

But to answer your question, CEA will probably have all girl teams in small, medium and large. So, don't worry, we'll do our part to increase the competitive numbers of teams and athletes, in fact, I would say expanding level 5 slots fits quite nicely for the Popes.

I know about how much our parents pay (which isn't cheap) but it blows my mind anyone would pay $15K a season a kid. Child number 2 would have to be an athletic supporter instead of a cheerleader.

Why do you want only 3?

I still haven't seen a solid explanation of why not 40 on the floor.

I know about how much our parents pay (which isn't cheap) but it blows my mind anyone would pay $15K a season a kid. Child number 2 would have to be an athletic supporter instead of a cheerleader.

You obviously have never paid a lot for airline tickets and hotesl to get to these competitions. A weekend in Dallas for a CEA familty of 3 is minimum 2k, that is one athlete going.

I don't. I think there are more. Do you want 100 per division? That is the other end.

What's wrong with 100 in the division? If there are actually 100 teams out there worth competing against I feel like I would want to compete against them?

I still haven't seen a solid explanation of why not 40 on the floor.

Why should I explain something I have no problem with happening? Am I trying to convince your mindset that it is better than 20? Let All Girl be 1 to 100, may the best team win.

You obviously have never paid a lot for airline tickets and hotesl to get to these competitions. A weekend in Dallas for a CEA familty of 3 is minimum 2k, that is one athlete going.

You are including family. OK. That makes more sense. Total cost, not just the athlete themselves.

Why should I explain something I have no problem with happening? Am I trying to convince your mindset that it is better than 20? Let All Girl be 1 to 100, may the best team win.

There'd be 2 teams in the division and no one would give a poop.

What's wrong with 100 in the division? If there are actually 100 teams out there worth competing against I feel like I would want to compete against them?

I don't know other than the fact you want them out of small and into medium since they won't go large. Logisticis is the main thing, but if everyone wants to sit in Orlando for 2 days to get through a division, it's fine with me. I just go to the few I enjoy and lay beside the pool and sip a beverage the rest of the day. I do not think your divisions will increase the participation overall, just shift the teams around a bit.

I don't. I think there are more. Do you want 100 per division? That is the other end.

Why do you think I want 100? Why do you think medium would attract 100? Why do you post in such black and white terms. I would prefer there to be maybe 30 or so at Worlds. A far cry from 100, and a far cry from 3. And I am pretty sure you will see 3 next year...with maybe a few stragglers. But my bet is 3.

We need 6 in the division so 50% can make it to finals!!

And i'm all for a division of 100, but i dont think they would all be worth competing against. I think there are a lot of teams that earned worlds bids by default, not by beating out the competition. At CanAm, they guaranteed 2 at large bids to senior teams, but there were only 2 senior teams without bids. So they automatically get them.

Why do you think I want 100? Why do you think medium would attract 100? Why do you post in such black and white terms. I would prefer there to be maybe 30 or so at Worlds. A far cry from 100, and a far cry from 3. And I am pretty sure you will see 3 next year...with maybe a few stragglers. But my bet is 3.

info, I guess my point would be, as long as the competition is good, I do not feel the need to push rules and regulations to change the market to my vision of what could be better. If F5 and WC show up in Large Senior, I would say SE will go large. If they go medium, the SE team will probably go medium. Anything else is speculation as far as what will happen. Give it a try and we'll see. I have no problem with that. If there were one division for everyone, there would be a heck of a competion. Again, the CheerSport model of competition with multiple levels and divisions and resulted in a lot of teams showing up at CheerSport. Has it increased the number of teams and gyms with athletes? I don't know. But it is not the best Level 5 competition, which I would argue is what Worlds actually is, and the model may not work there.

Back