Weird Cheer Obsession!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 6, 2012
The more I watch cheerleading vids on youtube....the more I notice that pretty much everyone does this. What is with at the end of the routine dramatically jumping on one of your teamates, wrapping your legs around them and then falling to the ground hugging and rolling each other? I TOTALLY understand the excitment after competing especially if your team did really well. This just seems very overdone and too much. I just don't get it! I've always ran off after competing and hugged my team mates or had my arm around their should kind of thing, but I just do not get the rolling on the floor with their legs wrapped around each other it just looks so sleazy? I don't know what the right word is to describe it, I'm just not a fan. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just getting old? You can be honest!

I've gotten bruises from being attacked by teammates after performances. I love the excitement! It shows you did your best. But people need to calm them elbows!!

Noo don't me wrong...I LOVE and understand the excitement!! I just think in a lot of the recent videos I've seen it almost looks sexual, I justthink it's a littttle too much !

My cp was "attacked" by her teammate after every competition last season and it was hysterical. Of course, they were both 11. It started spontaneously after their first comp which they did very well at and it just continued from there, and really became part of the routine after the routine. I'd see my cp finish the dance, she'd be on one knee in the front and then 3-2-1 boom! her teammate would come flying at her and down to the mat they'd both go. It was actually quite cute.

Back