What Are Spanky Pants?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I called them lollies when I started cheering, like, 15 years ago. And since then I've basically called them every iteration of spanks, briefs, bloomers.

Spandex or compression shorts aren't really the same thing though. They're not briefs made to be worn under a skirt or uniform, they're shorts that can be worn on your own. I generally wouldn't wear spanks or bloomers on their own like I would a pair of Nike Pros.

Wow. We called them Spankies 20+ years ago. Is it a retro term or one that's never changed?

When I first started cheering in 2001 we called them bloomers, my girls usually call them spankies, our coaches call them briefs. Lollies seems so strange...and I have no idea what a Grundie is hahaha

In HS we had the shorts and always called them hot pants. Spankies were the brief style and hot pants were... well... the hotpants boyshort style. These days it's just Spankies or Spanks, unless of course you are on the 6 year old squad where they are "the purple things that cover your underwear from the crowd"

I've literally never heard of a 'lollie'. and so many people call them that?! I used to live up north and my mom never changed the name of them, always been spankies!

Back