High School What Camp Are You Going To This Summer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter's h/s team just left for UCA/UDA camp in Palm Springs, CA. Normally they have a private camp with UCA/UDA at a hotel, but this year they picked a resort camp. Unfortunately, we will be the only Song team there (so they get a "private" camp) while our cheer team gets the full "resort" camp. Our Song girls aren't real happy, but maybe they can somehow marry the 2 and give the song girls some resort type camp fun as well.

Last year I went to UCA at UCF. Personally, no one on my team really enjoyed it. We had to wake up at 7, go eat breakfast and start cheering by 8:30. We had to walk about a mile to get to the arena, the dorms were gross, had mold in some of the bathrooms, and just dirty rooms. Also, they were teaching us how to do full, then straight craddle. Both our JV and Varsity teams went. We have level 5 allstars on both teams so everything they were teaching us we already knew how to do for years. We would do nonstop cheering till about 9pm. For us, it was too much. The nights however, were better. My roommate & I would go meet up with another team (she used to live near UCF so she knew a lot of people there from other teams) so we would spend time with them. But spending 4 days with my team when half of us were experincing the time of month was not a nice time at camp. So basically, if your team is really close, I suggest UCA. If not, stay away.
Hope you enjoyed my story. Haha.

And wish us luck! My middle school team went to camp at Speed Athletics last year, and it was horrible! The camp itself was good, but we ended up flooding a hotel (yes, FLOODING!), and everyone on the team, even the parents that went, cried at least 3 times during the 3 days- and our coach threatened to quit! We've got bad luck with camps..
Hey you! Find me at UCA camp at IU! I go to Franklin Central. :) And also, I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Speed! I cheer there and I really hope you don't think poorly of us now! :confused:

Back